• NEWSLETTER SIGN UP
    Complete the form below to sign up for any or all of our industry newsletters.




About Us

Travel Alberta

Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing organization for the Government of Alberta that is governed by the Travel Alberta Act and a Board of Directors accountable to the Minister of Tourism, Parks and Recreation.

Vision
To be the pre-eminent tourism marketing organization in Canada.

Mission
Grow tourism revenues with compelling invitations to experience Alberta.

Principles
The principles that guide how we work are:
  • Trust
  • Respect
  • Collaboration
  • Integrity

Values
The values on how we will conduct business are:

  • Excellence drives everything we do
  • We embrace teamwork
  • We foster innovation
  • We plan for and are accountable for results

Governance

Created on April 1, 2009 by authority of the Travel Alberta Act, Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. The Corporation is governed by a Board of Directors appointed by the Government of Alberta and is subject to the provisions of the Public Agencies Governance Framework.



Contact Information

Info@TravelAlberta.com for general questions and inquiries about Travel Alberta's framework.

 

CEO's Corner

Travel Alberta Chief Executive Officer Bruce Okabe shares his perspectives regularly on tourism markets and marketing.  Read his latest message by clicking here.



Tourism in Alberta

Tourism is good for our economy; it's a $7.8 billion industry in Alberta that supports 19,000 tourism businesses and employs more than 139,000 Albertans. Tourism revenue is a key economic driver for this province and contributes to the well-being of all Albertans.



Strategy

To grow tourism revenues $10.3 billion by 2020 by directing our brand at high-potential markets. We will lead with authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes that drive visitation throughout the province.



Mandate

In accordance with the Travel Alberta Act (section 3), the mandate of Travel Alberta is to:Market the tourism assets, attractions and opportunities present in Alberta in domestic, national and international markets; Promote Alberta as a destination for tourists; Assist Alberta's tourism industry operators to market their products; and Exercise or perform any other powers, duties and functions authorized by regulation.



Funding

Travel Alberta receives annual funding from the proceeds of the four per cent Tourism Levy, collected by hotels, lodges and other fixed roof accommodation in Alberta. The Levy is remitted to the Government of Alberta under the Alberta Tourism Levy Act.

Travel Alberta’s allocation from the Tourism Levy is 70 per cent with the remaining 30 percent retained by the Ministry of Tourism, Parks and Recreation for product development, air access, research, visitor information and contact centre management, and other asset initiatives.

The Levy collected in 2012-2013 will be used to fund tourism initiatives in 2014-2015. Travel Alberta funding for 2013-2014 is expected to be $50.5 million based on Tourism Levy revenues collected during the 2011-2012 fiscal year.