It's refreshing these days to actually speak with a real person. Travel Alberta's Visitor Information Services team provides accurate, timely information to travel consumers and industry members alike.
Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centres
Located at key entry points into the province, Alberta's ten Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centres welcome thousands of travellers each year. The travel counsellors are knowledgeable on local and regional attractions, events and destinations. They are also well informed on travel requirements and are ready to help visitors with all their travel needs. A wealth of travel literature, local and regional maps, brochures and guides are available for travellers at these centres.
Alberta Visitor Information Providers (AVIP)
AVIPs are a network of over 100 community and regional visitor information centres. Programs are available to assist information providers with staff training and service excellence.
- AVIP Program - Describes the vision and mission of the AVIP program and all of the resources available for community and regional visitor information centres
- AVIP Accreditation Information Package - Provides information for AVIP organizations that are interested in becoming an accredited visitor information centre
- VIC Travel Publication Order Form - Used by AVIP organizations when ordering publications such as the Accommodation and Campground guides
- AVIP - Retail Products Order Form - AVIP organizations can purchase retail items at wholesale costs to help generate revenue for their VIC
- Travel Publication Distribution Policy - The following provides important information for those Alberta tourism operators or organizations who want to distribute their brochures/publications in the Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centres and Accredited Community and Regional Visitor Information Centres. For the most up to date listing of all AVIP Centres, please contact Cecilia Goncalves Neath at Cecilia.Goncalves@gov.ab.ca as this list gets updated frequently.
Travel Alberta Contact & Distribution Centre
Visitors can obtain trip planning assistance by telephone at 1.800.ALBERTA or online at TravelAlberta.com. As a Tourism Operator, boost your business by making a product presentation to Call Centre agents.
Want your brochure in our network of Travel Alberta and AVIP visitor information centres? Check out our Travel Publication Distribution Policy.