In accordance with legislation administered by Alberta Treasury Board and Finance, Travel Alberta is committed to presenting the routine public disclosure of information to enhance public confidence by improving accountability and transparency.
As a public Crown corporation, Travel Alberta adheres to the framework outlined by the Public Disclosure of Travel and Expenses Directive under the Financial Administration Act. The new disclosure requirements will provide greater detail on travel, accommodation, meal and hospitality expenses.
This directive applies to the following Travel Alberta team members:
- Board of Directors
- Chief Executive Officer
- Vice Presidents
Travel Alberta will ensure that detailed reports of expenses pertaining to the above parties are publicly accessible online on a bi-monthly basis. Reports are posted from October 2012.
- Rajko DodicDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Don OszliDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Kara ClaypoolDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Phil KlassenDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Shelley GrollmussDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Stewart WilsonDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Bernie KollmanDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Tracy EdwardsDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Royce ChwinDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
- Karen SoykaDecember 2016 -January 2017 Expense Report
SOLE-SOURCE CONTRACT DISCLOSURE
The database presented below provides information on Travel Alberta’s sole-source contracts of $10,000 or more for services beginning October 1, 2015, as per the Alberta Treasury Board Directive no. 7/2014 (Procurement and Sole-sourcing Directive). Contracts in the database will be updated quarterly. Contract numbers followed by an "(a)" indicate an amendment to an existing contract.
Coming this July.
- all Board Members
- employees who earn over $125,000
- agencies, boards and commissions governed by the Alberta Public Agencies Governance Act
As an agency of the Government of Alberta, Travel Alberta complies with this legislation by providing information about compensation provided to members of its Board of Directors. Please note:
- Members of the Travel Alberta Board are not paid a salary for this work, but do receive an honoraria for attending meetings. Board Members are eligible to be reimbursed for expenses claimed to attend meetings. All other work is on a voluntary basis.
- Members of the Travel Alberta Board do not sign a contract with Travel Alberta or the Government of Alberta, but are appointed via Order in Council. There is no severance agreement, nor is severance compensation provided at the end of their terms or if a term is ended prematurely.
For more information, please contact:
Vice President, Finance & Corporate Administration
Board Salary Disclosure
|Bowen-Smed, Shannon||Board Member||2015||$1318.00|
|Brookman, George||Board Member||2015||$3427.00|
|Dodic, Rajko||Board Member||2015||$7008.00|
|Edwards, Tracy||Board Member||2015||$4664.00|
|Glover, Steven||Board Member||2015||$4343.00|
|Gomez, Francisco||Board Member||2015||$3108.00|
|Kollman, Bernadette||Board Member||2015||$6091.50|
|LeLacheur, Rick||Board Chair||2015||$24,626.00|
|Oszli, Donald||Board Member||2015||$5882.00|
|Wilson, Stewart||Board Member||2015||$15,182.00|
*Compensation – Board Members are volunteers that are appointed by Order in Council and do not receive a regular salary. Board Members receive honoraria payment for attending meetings and events as well as expenses associated with travel.
Executive Salary Disclosure
|Chwin, Royce||Chief Executive Officer||2015||$240,946.37||$35,731.67||$0.00|
|Grollmuss, Shelley||Vice President, Industry Development||2015||$174,654.90||$26,066.60||$0.00|
|Klassen, Phillip||Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing||2015||$168,269.62||$26,805.15||$0.00|
|McLean, Max Wynn||Vice President, Community Relations||2015||$132,549.03||$22,442.44||$0.00|
|Soyka, Karen||Vice President, Business Development||2015||$154,958.36||$25,998.49||$0.00|
*Compensation – Includes regular salary and percentage in lieu of benefits.
*Other – Includes employer portion of Canada Pension Plan and Employment Insurance.
*Severance – Includes payments required by contract when employment ends.