- Apr 24, 2015
- Apr 10, 2015
- Fort Edmonton Park
Hotel Selkirk in Fort Edmonton Park is currently recruiting for a dynamic individual to fill the position of Night Auditor. The Night Auditor is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to our guests and maintaining strong communication between all departments. The position is responsible for accurately balancing the daily income of the hotel by verifying that all customer accounts are correct and in balance by the following morning. In addition, they are responsible for registering all arrivals and departures, processing payments, taking reservations, taking care of guests needs while following the Hotel Selkirk policies and procedures.
- Provide quality service to our guests by responding to their requests promptly, efficiently and courteously during check-in, check-out and throughout their stay
- Register, processes and greets guests promptly, welcoming them to the hotel
- Stay current with developments in the hotel and Fort Edmonton Park
- Ensure all guests establish credit upon check-in
- Increase hotel revenues by upselling rooms and promoting Park outlets
- Adhere to all cash handling and credit procedures and policies
- Verify and balance daily charges for all departments to customer folios, master accounts and house accounts and make corrections as required
- Balance the rooms audit
- Run End of Day to reset the Moneris for next days use
- Record and balances all food and beverage income postings and charges
- Record and balances staff and house charges
- Prepare and transmits credit card deposits
- Act as Park representative when interacting with contact people and clients, ensuring client expectations are met and exceeded
- Support daily site operations, year round, through exceptional internal and external customer service, attention to detail, innovation and high standards of site stewardship
- Support overall Park operation as required in recognition of uniqueness of our site
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years night audit experience or front office experience within a hotel environment
- Experience using Opera is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Ability to prioritize with strong data entry and analytical skills
- Neat, well groomed and professional with a positive, friendly attitude
- Extremely high customer service standards
- Applicants will be required to arrange their own transportation
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR/ AED training is required prior to commencing employment
An original Police Information Check issued within the past 6 months that is satisfactory to the employer will be required before starting in the position.
The new hire will be required to obtain this check from Edmonton Police Service. Please note: this may take up to 3 weeks to process.
Hours of Work: Position is full time seasonal. Must be able to work overnights.
Apply by e-mail: email@example.com