Travel Drumheller Operational Contract
- May 9, 2016
- Apr 22, 2016
- Travel Drumheller
This one year contract position will support the smooth operation of this organization which promotes Drumheller as a leading tourism destination. There is a strong administration and communications element to this contract; keeping accurate records; being the primary contact for the organization, communicating with partners and volunteers. A resource person for all board members, this is an important organizational role which will include some event organization, social media creation and managing partnerships with marketing firms and local stakeholders. This contract is for $35,000 per year.
Travel Drumheller is a relatively new Destination Marketing Organization (DMO). We are a not for profit organization managed by a volunteer Board of Directors. Our task is to promote Drumheller as a great destination to people all over Alberta and beyond.
To find out more about Travel Drumheller check out our website at www.traveldrumheller.com
The contract is to successfully complete these following tasks. It has flexible hours dependent on the task and time of year.
Be the main point of contact
Answer phone, email and social media enquiries about the Drumheller Valley
- Implement social media plans for Travel Drumheller
- Coordinating, developing, and creating content for the website and social media in partnership with a promotional company.
Process creation, Planning and Reporting
- In consultation with the Board and promotional company create reporting schedules and indicators of success for Travel Drumheller. Present these results at Board meetings
- Manage the processes developed to collect partnership funding
- Create efficient processes for day to day management of the organization. These will include all financial and reporting procedures
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Board
- In consultation with the Board manage annual budgets and financial reporting.
- With the Chair of the Board prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the Board
- Create action list from board meetings
- Organize events such as a Tourism Expo and AGM
We are looking for someone who is able to
Demonstrate excellent customer care skills
Demonstrate excellent time organization and high quality record keeping skills
Someone who has experience in
Working with databases
It would be great if you have experience in
Creating social media content
Working with a not for profit board
These skills are an important part of this role
Excellent organizational skills
Great communication skills, both written and verbal
Planning, analytical and organization skills
Excellent independent problem solving and decision-making skills
Excellent at managing relationships with stakeholders
If you are interested please apply to
Julia Fielding Vice Chair of Travel Drumheller
Closing date is May 9 2016