Station Manager Banff
- Mar 4, 2016
- Jan 19, 2016
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. Rocky Mountaineer operates from spring to fall and we are looking for positive people with a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to make our next season our best season.
This position is based in the heart of the Canadian Rockies in the beautiful town of Banff. The Station Manager is responsible for ensuring effective representation of the RM brand and exceptional guest experience through the management of station operations. The Station Manager manages station staff, oversees local providers and liaises with Hotel and Tour Partners to coordinate guest and luggage transfers, superior guest experience, and appropriate station and train aesthetics in keeping with the RM brand.
This is a seasonal, full-time position starting in March 2016.
Suitable candidates must be available to work the entire season from March – October.
You will be responsible for...
- Effective station operations to achieve exceptional guest satisfaction and representation of the RM brand
- Being the main point of contact at the station for external partners and contractors, and ensuring they meet the requirements of the RM brand
- Managing station staff to ensure a high level of employee and guest satisfaction
- Developing strong relationships with our experience tour partners including liaising and coordinating guest requirements
- Ensuring guests requests or issues are resolved in a timely manner with an exceptional level of guest service
You will have...
- 3-5 years of management experience in the hospitality industry
- Energetic, motivated, hardworking and committed to guest service
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and problem solving skills
- Experience and knowledge of the tourism industry
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong time management skills
- The ability to multitask and take initiative
- Impeccable organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
This role requires…
- Periodic travel to attend meetings or support other stations
- Irregular scheduling to ensure effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules
- Overtime may be required for irregular operations or scheduling delays
- Outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions and working around railway tracks and moving trains
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates
Job Location Banff, AB