Senior (.NET) Web Developer
- Nov 2, 2014
- Sep 17, 2014
- Travel Alberta
Reporting to the Development Manager, and working in an agile development environment, the Senior .NET Web Developer is responsible to create, innovate and maintain Travel Alberta web applications using leading-edge technologies and methodologies. Working closely with internal development team and agency partners the Senior .NET Web Developer will be primarily involved in the development of Travel Alberta’s new consumer platform for national and international markets.
- Understanding of solid software design principles
- Ability to communicate with dynamic audience
- Experience in automation and deployment
- Solid unit testing ability
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to articulate and communicate architectural and code solutions
- Open communication with technical and non-technical Team Members
- Ability to innovate and think critically
- Keep current with new technologies and techniques
- General web development (ASP.NET, MVC, Web API, SPA, RESTfull, knockout.js / AngularJS)
- Experience with Sitecore or similar CMS
- Experience integrating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media APIs
- Experience with SEO
- Experience with HTML 4/5 and CSS 3
- Experience with client/server side automated testing would be an asset
- Experience with front-end web development would be an asset
- Experience with Azure or Cloud platform would be an asset
- Knowledge of NServiceBus would be an asset
Your degree in software development or computer science is complemented with five or more years of general web development and .NET web development experience. Your dedication and passion to emerging technologies and continual learning has taken your career to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
This position is based in the Calgary office located in Inglewood.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employees Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
This year, Travel Alberta has been recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: Open Until Suitable Candidate Found
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.