Specialist, User Experience & Business Analyst
- Aug 26, 2016
- Aug 10, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Specialist, User Experience & Business Analyst’s role is to optimize the user experience for Travel Alberta’s owned digital channels leveraging various data sources. This includes the design and development of user-centric solutions based on business and technical requirements that the Specialist has collected and documented. The Specialist, UX/BA will participate in the quality assurance of solutions to ensure features and functions have been enabled and optimized. This position will also collaborate with business partners to plan and implement other initiatives in the marketing technology roadmap.
The position requires prior experience planning and optimizing the user experience and proven ability to implement. The Specialist, User Experience & Business Analyst will also apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help the business make good technology decisions. Knowledge of digital project lifecycles, their inherent risks and interdependencies is critical.
Reporting to the Manager, Marketing Technology, the Specialist, User Experience & Business Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Plan website features and functionality improvements from business analysis through to technical documentation
- Analyze and verify requirements for completeness, consistency, comprehensibility, feasibility, and conformity to standards
- Utilize standard templates and global taxonomy to accurately and concisely create project artifacts (i.e. requirements, specifications, project charters, regular status reports, etc).
- Design and develop user-centric solutions based on all business and technical requirements.
- Analyze the effectiveness of the user experience and create multi-variant test plan based on findings
- Perform a/b and multivariate tests, analyze results and implement findings to optimize user experience, improve wayfinding and conversion
- Ensure best practices are followed to optimize site for search engines (ie. Page titles, meta tags, headers, sitemap)
- Implement usability testing, interpret and act on findings
- Create and optimize automated test strategies
- Support deployment process by performing manual QA based on established release cycle
- Knowledge of usability heuristics and effective design principles
- Understanding of responsive design principles
- Proven experience with business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and methodology development.
- Proven ability to create systematic and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and business-friendly language.
- Experience using Axure or similar solutions for prototyping
- Hands on experience planning and executing usability testing and optimization
- Prior QA experience
- Knowledgeable about software development, application frameworks, APIs, programming languages, development methodologies, including Agile
- Experience using website analytics tools
- Excellent organizational and communications skills and ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and resource
- Understanding of web publishing systems (Sitecore) is beneficial
Your degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, Information Services, or related area is complemented with two years of experience working as a business analyst and two to three years planning and optimizing web, mobile, and email strategies ideally in an agency environment. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some domestic travel is required
Employment Status: Full Time
Salary (Minimum – Max) Range: 72,840 - $94,704
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: August 26, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.