Specialist, Marketing Analyst – Full Time
- May 8, 2016
- Apr 18, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Specialist, Marketing Analysis is responsible for providing actionable insights to various business units by synthesizing business and marketing knowledge and leveraging analytical methods such as data mining, segmentation, customer profiling, test and learn experiments and multivariate data analysis with the goal of measuring and understanding marketing effectiveness and assessing customer behaviour.
Lead Analysis of Marketing Performance within Travel Alberta
- Support analysis of Travel Alberta’s marketing efforts in regional, national and international markets through statistical modelling, customer segmentation and profiling, and data mining
- Provide day-to-day management and optimization of Travel Alberta’s Marketing Performance Index and marketing attribution efforts
- Partner with campaign planners and technology platforms teams to enhance data and analytics capabilities regarding campaign performance
- Develop, analyze and report on segmentation and targeting experiments to provide actionable insights to optimize channel performance and marketing spend
- Build and own channel and marketing performance forecasting to support investment and ROI decision-making
Generate Business Intelligence through Research and Market Understanding
- Work with the Director Insights & Brand Strategy to design and execute impactful qualitative and quantitative marketing research efforts aligned to key business needs
- Apply strong analytical skills and business acumen to frame unstructured and complex marketing problems into analytical problems
- Participate in the execution of research initiatives in collaboration with government, private sector and special interest groups to measure, monitor and evaluate tourism program importance and impact of marketing initiatives
- Support development and execution of research efforts performed by external research vendors
- Develop detailed and objective insights from research data to inform strategic decision-making
Data Governance & Systems Management
- Actively support and enhance Travel Alberta’s business and marketing intelligence data governance framework
- Work with Marketing Technology Lead to implement and enhance technology solutions to support data acquisition, transformation, storage, analysis and visualization
- Apply strong data skills and technical skills to acquire, cleanse, integrate and process various types of data, structured or unstructured, for the development of marketing reports, dashboards, analysis, and more advanced analytical models
- Provide leadership and education in the utilization of Travel Alberta’s data warehouse, data analysis and data visualization solutions
- Work with cross-functional marketing, business development and industry development teams to develop real-time performance dashboards to facilitate decision-making
Industry Growth & Development
- Support the efforts of Director Insights & Brand Strategy to drive Team Alberta marketing and business development performance through business and marketing insights
- Contribute to the development of industry marketing performance standards to drive industry alignment and growth of Alberta’s tourism economy
- Strong data modelling experience using statistical and data mining methods such as linear regression, random forest, k-means, marketing mix modelling, etc.
- Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, or other statistical tools for data mining and predictive analytics
- Experience using data visualization solutions such as Tableau or Power BI
- Knowledge of quantitative, behavioural analysis, and statistical concepts
- Excellent report writing and communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
Your degree in Math, Statistics, CS, Engineering, or related area is complemented with three to five years of experience working in data analysis and two to three years in a marketing environment. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, and now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some domestic travel is required
Employment Status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: May 8, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.