Research Coordinator - Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
- Aug 8, 2014
- Jul 24, 2014
- Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
The Calgary TELUS Convention Centre, Meetings and Conventions Calgary (MCC) Department is the lead unit responsible for assisting all hotels, event venues and hospitality related services involved in attracting meetings, conventions & incentive travel (MC&IT) business to the City of Calgary.
We are currently seeking an individual to join our team for a six (6) month term position in the role of Research Coordinator.
Reporting to the Client Services Lead, this position works in conjunction with the Sales and Marketing and Client Services Teams to attract MC&IT business to Calgary. The primary role of this position is to assist the sales and marketing team in researching, identifying and qualifying new clients, and as required will assist the Client Services Team to provide support and industry liaison between MC&IT clients and Calgary’s MC&IT community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the sales team by conducting research to identify and qualify potential business prospects
- Responsible for co-management of the client database (EBMS) which includes: ongoing augmentation, updating and tracking
- Assists with the completion of reports pertaining to lead generation and conversion and associated economic impact
- Ensures contact information is listed and up to date with MC&IT industry organizations/websites
- Gathers and analyses market intelligence (e.g., MC&IT trends, competition, etc.)
- Assists in identifying the research needs of the department
- Works with the sales team, the Sales and Marketing and Client Services Coordinators to meet the overall mandate of the department
- Assists with sales and marketing coordination and administration duties as assigned
- Contributes to the development of research management policies and processes to heighten efficiencies
- Assists with the meeting/convention event bidding process that collects and consolidates hotel and meeting venue proposals on behalf of prospective clients
- Assists with MCC website updates pertaining to the meeting/convention event bidding process.
Experience and Assets:
- Degree or diploma in an appropriate discipline with 1 year of industry related experience
- Other equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- Well-organized and able to work well both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and work within a fast paced, details and deadline driven environment
- Ability to communicate professionally (clearly, concisely and tactfully) with colleagues, and industry suppliers
- Detail oriented with strong customer service philosophy
- Strong problem solving, decision making and project management skills along with excellent organizational, time management, interpersonal, and planning skills
- Knowledge and experience working with Event Business Management System (EBMS) and/or or a similar meeting management software program and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Marketing and tourism sales experience relating to MC&IT a definite asset
- Website content and administration experience also an asset.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit a resume and cover letter, prior to August 8th, 2014 to email@example.com.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.