Technical Theatre Director - Rosebud Centre of the Arts
- Jun 30, 2014
- Jun 4, 2014
- Rosebud Theatre
-Rosebud Centre of the Arts (RCA) is seeking a permanent, full-time Technical Director for Rosebud Theatre and Rosebud School of the Arts (RSA), dealing with up to nine shows per season on two stages as well as guest productions and concerts that are part of our Rosebud Presents series.
-The successful applicant will also serve as Head of Lighting and Sound and act as Production Advisor to students of RSA on two shows, as well as take on the instruction and supervision of some technical theatre courses.
-Reporting to the Production Manager, the Technical Director will provide leadership to and vision for technical and production areas, supervision of two performance spaces (220-seat proscenium and 65-seat black box), technical oversight on all shows (for both Rosebud Theatre and RSA), and instruction and supervision of post-secondary students (in class and practicum). This position may include construction duties in scenic carpentry and properties.
• Minimum of five years of professional theatre experience; previous experience as a Technical Director is an asset, but not required
• Excellent understanding of technical theatre, especially scenic carpentry and lighting
• Able to supervise a crew with a variety of skill levels
• Excellent organizational skills, especially when managing finances and time lines
• Comfortable working within a teaching environment; actual teaching experience is an asset
• Has academic training in technical theatre
• Demonstrates vision & leadership
• Detail oriented
• Team player
• Strong computer skills, especially in the MS Office environment; some form of CAD is an asset
• Familiar with the mission and mandate of Rosebud Theatre and RSA.
Although the above lists the ideal candidate, all applications will be considered.
Salary Range: $39,000 or greater based on skill and experience
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to:
Rosebud, AB T0J 2T0
Cover letter should include reasons why applicant is interested in working in Rosebud and his/her understanding of the mandate and mission of Rosebud Theatre and RSA.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing date: Open until a suitable candidate is found
Rosebud Theatre is western Canada’s largest rural professional theatre, and does not operate under any IATSE agreement.
Rosebud School of the Arts offers a four-year post-secondary theatre training program with four of major areas of study, including technical theatre.