Specialist, Global Consumer Marketing, China
- May 4, 2017
- Apr 13, 2017
- Travel Alberta
Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta. Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Specialist, Global Consumer Marketing, China, reporting to the Manager, Global Consumer Marketing, will be responsible for supporting the execution of direct-to-consumer tactics that align with Travel Alberta’s Global Consumer Marketing Strategy. As a member of the Consumer Marketing Team, this position will manage marketing and administrative projects that contribute to the proficiency of the Team, collaborate with internal business units on marketing initiatives, and play a role in communicating with key stakeholders including agencies and industry partners. While this position supports marketing programs in all of Travel Alberta’s markets, particular focus will be placed on China.
- Support the tactical implementation of consumer marketing campaign elements in the assigned markets, collaborating with internal teams and agency partners to maximize performance and create operational efficiencies
- Develop strong working relationships with internal teams, agency partners and industry stakeholders to ensure alignment and consistency on marketing initiatives
- Keep abreast of multi-channel consumer marketing plans, tactics and activities that support Travel Alberta’s Business and Marketing plans
- Support the coordination, content and distribution of Global e-newsletters
- Coordinate listings and packages/offers for international markets with the relevant business units
- Assist Global Consumer Marketing Managers with communication to key Alberta industry stakeholders participating in partner investment programs and Destination Canada initiatives.
- Maintain an action register of day-to-day Global Marketing efforts, documenting team progress and updating action items and status
- Manage and maintain an up-to-date and accurate working budget for Global Consumer Marketing Programs.
- Provide support to Managers and Directors with financial and document administration for marketing programs and special projects
- Assist the Consumer Marketing Team with creating marketing presentations, communication on marketing initiatives, and any additional administrative updates required for the Team
- Special Projects and other duties as assigned
- A degree in Marketing or Digital Marketing with a minimum of three years’ experience in a marketing role
- Experience in planning, project or account management. Experience in an agency environment is preferred
- Must have experience in international marketing with strong knowledge and experience in the Asian markets (Mainland China, Japan, South Korea)
- Must speak fluent Mandarin, write and read Simplified Chinese, and be able to conduct business in Mandarin
- Must have knowledge and experience in working with social media platforms such as Weibo and WeChat
- A designation in CAAP (Communications & Advertising Accredited Professional), CCPP (Communications Campaign Planning Program Professional) or ABC (Accredited Business Communicator) is preferred.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
Some evening work may be required as it relates to different time zones. There is the potential for occasional inter-provincial travel.
Employment status: Full Time
Salary: $66,240 - $86,064 per annum
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Sun Life’s RightDirections Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
Since becoming a Crown corporation in 2009, Travel Alberta has been recognized with more than 60 awards for brand and marketing and excellence.
Closing Date: May 4, 2017
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.