MANAGER, CONSUMER MARKETING, CHINA
- Apr 10, 2016
- Mar 21, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Manager, Consumer Marketing, China
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers leading in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing, China manages agency relations, industry stakeholder partnerships and overall marketing initiatives for the Mainland China market. The incumbent will lead the execution and optimization of marketing programs in China to aid in the success of International consumer marketing programs for Travel Alberta and its tourism stakeholders.
The individual in this position must be fluent in Mandarin (both oral and written) in order to communicate with agency partners in China and other stakeholders. This individual will also be required to assist with translation and interpretation of marketing materials between Chinese and English.
Reporting to the Director, Consumer Marketing International, the Manager, Consumer Marketing, China is responsible for:
- Developing and executing year-round multi-channel consumer marketing programs for the China market that support Travel Alberta’s Business and Marketing Strategy.
- Managing and providing project direction to agencies and suppliers on the development of year round marketing campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with internal Team Members and agency teams to develop and optimize paid media plans that target high potential Chinese traveller segments.
- Managing day-to-day China efforts with Travel Alberta’s agency partners and in-market teams.
- Managing budget development and forecasting, making recommendations regarding fund allocations for consumer marketing activities.
- Collaborating with tourism partners to create synergies, enhance opportunities and establish effective business relations.
- Working closely with the Digital Platforms and Media & Content teams to ensure the delivery of a storytelling program in support of the marketing objectives for the China market.
The Successful Candidate will have:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (both English and Mandarin).
- Strong leadership experience and ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Knowledge with paid digital marketing platforms. Google analytics (or similar in China), media tagging, programmatic buying, social media platforms, SEM and SEO.
- Understanding of customer journey across social media, paid digital and website strategy.
- Knowledge of digital marketing trends, platforms, behaviours and tools to develop innovative methods and marketing ideas.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to create and manage detailed project plans and multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply them in both financial and marketing contexts.
- Strong budgetary skills, ability to manage project costs, revenue and variances in accordance with approved budgets.
- A holistic approach to digital marketing with a strong focus on the user experience.
- Familiarity with behavioral targeting, retargeting and programmatic media buying and media tagging best practices
You possess a degree in marketing, with a minimum of five years of progressive digital media, content and social media marketing experience with focus on the China market, coupled with at least four years of experience managing agency and internal teams make you an ideal candidate. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, now it’s time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- Employment Status: Full Time.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: April 3, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.