Customer Service Representative – FMAA
- Jan 15, 2016
- Jan 7, 2016
- Fort McMurray Tourism
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing knowledge of airport facilities, amenities and services. You will source and assist in the development of information files that will allow you to respond to inquiries on airport specific or local, regional, provincial and national tourism information requests. In this position you will perform airport customer service, oversee Lost & Found airport articles, carry out reception and general office duties, as well as assist with events, front line communication & sales initiatives and data collection.
About Fort McMurray Tourism (FMT)
Recognized as the Destination Management Organization for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo (RMWB).
Position Skills and Attitude
- You will demonstrate excellent customer service, communication (oral/written) & presentation skills combined with a genuine desire to be of service.
- Learn and be familiar with the Fort McMurray Airport facilities, amenities and services along with attractions, events and culture in Fort McMurray and RMWB and apply this knowledge to customer interactions.
- The abilities to pay attention to detail in overseeing the Lost & Found section and to remain calm and follow procedures during an emergency are critical.
- Appropriate computer skills and applied knowledge of Microsoft Office software are essential.
- Required to self-manage your time and take initiative to problem solve on your feet.
- You demonstrate appropriate customer service standards with an enthusiastic attitude, and are dependable and reliable.
- You understand marketing, websites and social networking as they relate to tourist destinations.
- Provide knowledge of airport facilities, amenities and services as required,
- Assist with airport events and activities as required, may include conducting airport tours
- Assist with airport communication including paging services and crisis communications, as required,
- Provide detailed resident/visitor tourism information as needed,
- Maintain & improve tourism information related to airport, activities, events, businesses, & facilities, etc.,
- Perform administrative duties in support of the airport/region as assigned, such as filing, data input, etc.,
- Facilitate all aspects of FMAA Lost & Found including lost luggage,
- Maintain organization, tidiness and cleanliness of the customer service center (excluding janitorial duties),
- Attend staff meetings, conferences and training sessions as required,
- Demonstrate appropriate service standards that ensure the integrity of the FMT and FMAA brand.
Education and Experience
- Graduate of a High School Program
- Experience in a customer service position.
- Must possess a valid driver’s licence and own vehicle.
- Certification in workplace CPR/First Aid is an asset.
- A second language is an asset.
Additional Position Information
- This is a contract position associated with delivery of a service agreement.
- This position may be full time or part time as per posted schedule and is paid on a salary basis.
- Parking pass provided for airport parking.
Apply For This Position
Please submit a covering letter, resume, indication of salary expectations and availability to start to Ms. Denise Barrow, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. Request a copy of the full job description by emailing Ms. Barrow. Only those candidates that meet the aforementioned requirements will be contacted.
Submission Deadline: January 15 2016