Assistant Manager, World Waterpark
- Mar 24, 2015
- Feb 24, 2015
- West Edmonton Mall
The World Waterpark Assistant Manager will assist the Manager in overseeing the entire operations of the Waterpark facility on a daily basis. This position will be responsible for assisting the Manager in ensuring a positive working environment for employees and a safe, pleasant experience for our guests.
- Assisting the Manager to achieve the business objectives and revenue goals set out for the facility through innovative operations management and planning.
- Providing leadership and staff development to all employees in the WWP through effective role modeling and coaching techniques.
- Overseeing the aquatic training and certification process for the staff of the Waterpark and ensuring all required regulatory requirements are met at all times.
- Assisting in overseeing the Waterpark’s employee relations, recruitment, labour costs, and training activities and initiatives.
- Ensuring the facility’s overall cleanliness and safety standards are adhered to and ensuring positive interactions with outside agencies, cleaning and maintenance contractors, and governing bodies to ensure all health and safety regulations are being met at all times.
- Assisting in Waterpark operational development, aquatic program development, food and beverage operations, event management, and ensuring that all facility and staff certifications are relevant and up to date.
- Providing direction to the Waterpark Supervisory team on an on-going basis and providing ongoing communication and development to the Waterpark team.
- Being called upon to deal with all aspects of Waterpark customer service issues, public inquiries, and guest concerns in the absence of the Waterpark Manager as well as acting on behalf of the Waterpark with internal Executive Management in the absence of the Manager.
- Ensuring all policies and procedures are being followed at all times within the park and maintaining all required process revisions as they arise.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of three (3) to five (5) years experience acting as in an Assistant Management or Supervisory role within large scale aquatics facility operations and/or recreation facility operations.
- Working knowledge of pool operations and completion of industry recognized formal swimming and lifeguarding certifications including NLS Pool, Lifesaving Instructor, Lifesaving Instructor Trainer, Standard First Aid and AEC with NLS Waterpark and 02 certifications as an asset.
- Post secondary education in Recreation Management, Business Management, or in a related discipline is an asset.
- Enhanced computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- A sound grasp of aquatics industry business principals, time management techniques, business development strategies, and staff management practices.
- Experience working successfully with all employees including those new to the workforce.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills complemented by strong large scale team building and motivating abilities with the ability to mentor those new to the workforce.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires flexible availability Monday through Sunday.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance