Office Admin & Executive Services
- Feb 10, 2017
- Jan 31, 2017
- Tourism Calgary
Tourism Calgary is Calgary’s Destination Marketing Organization. Representing the visitor industry in Calgary, the City of Calgary, more than 600 member companies and its key partner – The Calgary Hotel Association and DMF Hotels, Tourism Calgary takes Calgary to the world and with its partners brings the world to Calgary for meetings and conventions, leisure travel, and sport, culture and major events. Tourism in Calgary annually contributes over $1.4 billion in economic impact to local economy.
This position has dual reporting to the Director of Human Resources, and Director Operations this role provides administrative and logistical support for the Executive Management Team and the overall office administration.
Executive Office Administration
- Composition and distribution of correspondence, memos, minutes and other documents as required;
- Prioritize incoming phone, mail and email correspondence and direct or reply as necessary;
- Support the scheduling of Executive Management team meetings, events, and other activities as necessary;
- Develops database of all industry and community contacts and ensures it is maintained and up-to-date;
- Develops administrative filing system for the Executive Office and ensures it is maintained and archived in timely fashion;
- Coordinate all expense claims for the Executive Office;
- Assist with agenda preparation and distribution of materials for all Board, Executive Committee and Management meetings;
- Support the Director, Operations with Board governance responsibilities as required;
- Support the Director, Operations with delivery of Executive Team action items as required.
- Responsible for all incoming calls to the Tourism Calgary, including directing those calls to the appropriate department or placing calls into voicemail.
- Greet and direct all walk in traffic.
- Coordinate all courier requests. Complete waybills, call courier companies. Sign for and advise receiver of any incoming courier packages.
- Transmit all incoming faxes; assist with stuffing envelopes, labels and processing material for mail outs.
- Ensure bookings for boardroom through E-mail, sets up Boardroom for meetings including dividing or opening for full access, adjusts air conditioner ½ hour before each meeting, sets up phones accordingly.
- Responsible for securing doors at the end of the day.
- Process monthly telephone stats list for Finance. Code all courier and fax invoices on a timely basis.
- Assist in administration duties as requested.
- Assist in entries to Simple View (CRM system) as requested
- Sort incoming mail.
- Ensure visitors are signed in for meetings (parking)
- Month end (various)
- Keep front desk manual up-to-date
- Record all incoming cheques, credit cards and invoices
Post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, communications, or equivalent education and experience;
Familiarity with the tourism industry and tourism marketing principles; and
Three to five years’ experience in a corporate office setting.
Flexibility with job share
Intermediate computer skills (Outlook, word, Xcel, PowerPoint, data entry)
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume by Friday February 10th, 2017 to:
Director, Human Resources
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please provide three references.