- Aug 20, 2015
- Aug 6, 2015
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for:
- Telling creative and timely business and marketing stories through a variety of online and offline channels that align to Travel Alberta’s strategic direction
- Creating and curating a variety of internal and external communications by consulting with stakeholders regarding their communication needs
- Ensuring ease of access, clarity and consistency on the information needs of industry partners, government stakeholders and Travel Alberta team members
- Collecting and analyzing data and information to inform and measure communications strategy
- Content marketing through social media to develop and expand community outreach, engagement and participation in Travel Alberta programs
- Managing projects by organizing schedules, leading stakeholders, building relationships, tracking expenses and budget, solving problems, and reporting results
- Organizing and moderating communications between Travel Alberta and various media outlets (print, radio, television) to obtain accurate and optimum coverage
- Knowledge of communication theory, concepts, and best practice
- Excellent writing, editing and public speaking skills
- Strong research and analytical skills in developing, tracking and interpreting reports
- Proven social media and digital marketing experience
- Related experience in marketing is an asset
- Related experience in the tourism industry is an asset
Your degree in communications, journalism, public relations or related area is complemented with three or more years of progressive communications experience. You demonstrate leadership skills in working with internal teams and senior management and have a proven track record of outstanding performance. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
This position is based in the Calgary office located in Inglewood.
Classification: Specialist 2. Salary range: $64,632 - $83,976
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment Status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Public Service Pension Plan (PSPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: August 20, 2015
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.