Destinations Host, Jasper
- Apr 11, 2016
- Jan 22, 2016
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. Rocky Mountaineer operates from spring to fall and we are looking for positive people with a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to make our next season our best season. Our vibrant Destination Hosts are Rocky Mountaineer's front line of service at our Jasper station. They are responsible for providing excellence in guest satisfaction by offering a personable direct service to guests during arrivals and departures.
This is seasonal, part-time position based at our Jasper Station. You must commit to an entire season from April-October. This role is a perfect addition to your work – life if you are looking for part-time hours in a rewarding role!
You will be responsible for...
- Greeting guests at station and/or hotels, answering guest questions and providing direction
- Accurately performing guest check-in duties including preparation of guest documentation, inputting of guest information, and tagging of luggage
- Completing pre-arrival/departure tasks
- Maintains station aesthetics
- Effectively communicating with team, including effective use of radio communication
- Resolve concerns from guests, train staff and public, escalating ongoing issues to station management
- Preparing documentation and supplies for next day train arrivals/departures
- Providing service for day-of-travel special guest requirements as directed
You will have...
- Motivation and the ability to demonstrate an "I care" and I can do" attitude
- English language skills of a very high competency
- A guest service focused and/or travel and tourism background
- A sound understanding of Guest Service Excellence
- The ability to be articulate and comfortable whilst speaking with guests
This position requires
- Your own transport or have someone drop you off for the start of your shift due to transit operating hours
- This ability to operate on a split- shift basis
- Flexibility with your hours is required if there are train delays
- Irregular scheduling to ensure the effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrivals/departures schedules
- Outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean drivers abstract in order to travel to and from hotel partners to provide check in services or follow up on guest concerns
Departures: Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday – 6:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. – Sunday & Thursday from 6:30 a.m.-9:00 a.m. and Wednesday from 5:45 a.m.-9:00 a.m.
Arrivals: Saturday, Tuesday and Wednesday – 4:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. OR 6:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. (end time subject to train arrival time)
Additional shifts as required to support Guest Experience Operations.
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL NOT BE SCREENING THESE APPLICATIONS UNTIL FEBURARY 2016. Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates
Job Location Jasper, Alberta, Canada
To apply please visit the website: https://rockymtneer-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=188