Vice President of Marketing, West Edmonton Mall
- Jul 31, 2016
- Jun 29, 2016
- West Edmonton Mall
The Vice President of Marketing for West Edmonton Mall has the responsibility of acting as the driving force to lead, develop and execute clearly defined marketing and communications strategies that support continual business growth and enhance the company’s brand awareness. This role also is also responsible for overseeing our talented marketing team and planning, organizing, and managing all marketing functions to achieve the business objectives of increased sales, growth, profitability, and visibility of the West Edmonton Mall products, events and services.
- Creating, managing, coordinating, and executing all marketing strategies while developing and implementing tactical plans to exceed standard marketing expectations and set West Edmonton Mall apart as a true innovative and leader of industry.
- Developing various forms of local, national and international advertising campaigns, sponsorship programs, and mutually beneficial business partnerships to be targeted toward key demographic segments to increase brand awareness and customer buy-in.
- Conducting business presentations and campaign pitches while being called upon for public speaking opportunities and acting as an on camera company representative and media spokesperson to help further enhance West Edmonton Mall’s presence and public image in various marketplaces.
- Leading, managing and inspiring the staff of the marketing team which including professionals in the retail, attractions, hotel, events, graphic design, public relations, and interactive marketing divisions within the department.
- Analyzing and evaluating both existing and potential marketing activities, strategies, events, and loyalty programs while achieving targeted results and ensuring timely and effective execution of marketing tactics and programs.
- Integrating new and innovative marketing related technologies and enhancements to maximize the operational performance of all marketing activities and programs while ensuring that objectives are achieved within budgets.
- Overseeing all media buying and promotions while coordination with West Edmonton Mall tenants, external clients, vendors, entertainment liaisons and talent for various events and campaigns.
- Working on other various other company related marketing based projects and responsibilities as required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Senior Management/Executive level marketing positions with large, multi-faceted, fast paced and ever evolving business environments with well-known brand identities.
- Completion of a degree in marketing, commerce or a related discipline to the role from a respected post-secondary institution.
- An innovative, creative and self-driven marketing professional with the ability to lead various teams, projects and manage multiple simultaneous priorities.
- Working knowledge of the marketing needs for the shopping center, retail, attractions, tourism, or entertainment industries is a definite asset for the role.
- Previous brand development and interactive marketing strategy experience with a strong knowledge of various social media platforms, integration campaigns and strategy development is required.
- An established professional and respected member of the marketing community with strong business relationships, connections and industry contacts.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience in media buying and a high level of comfort with acting as a public spokesperson are required.
Terms of Employment:
- This is a full-time position that requires flexibility to be available for special projects, events and functions.
- This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
- Some occasional travel required.
- Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.