Luggage Host – Jasper
- Apr 8, 2017
- Feb 8, 2017
- Rocky Mountaineer
At Rocky Mountaineer, we invite guests to the majestic Pacific Northwest and Rocky Mountains and take them on a world class journey. With the help of our dedicated team, we offer more than a renowned luxury product, we create life changing experiences. We are looking for positive people who bring a passion for excellence and commitment to teamwork to join us.
Rocky Mountaineer is proud to work with a strong team of talented individuals. We were recently named one of Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies and have won Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada multiple times.
Recently named Employer of the Year by the Tourism Industry Association of Canada, Rocky Mountaineer is currently hiring for Luggage Hosts.
The Luggage Host is RM’s front line of service at destinations and is responsible for providing excellence in guest satisfaction
These are part-time, Seasonal positions based at our Jasper Station. You will need to commit to the entire season from April – October. This role is a perfect addition to your work – life if you are looking for part-time hours in a rewarding role!
You will be responsible for...
- Tagging, loading, unloading and sorting of guest luggage at the station, hotels, and/or motor coaches
- Ensuring effective communication with luggage truck drivers to coordinate luggage movement and liaise with them during irregular operations
- Communicating with hotel staff and station management regarding guest luggage issues.
- Maintaining station equipment such as setting up/removing signage, setting up equipment for station events, stanchions, coffee station, luggage carts, etc.
- Assisting guests with mobility requirements including operation of wheelchair lift as required;
- Performing general cleaning and maintenance to maintain station and platform aesthetics in line with the RM “white glove clean” standard
- Assisting with station traffic flow as required by guiding motor coaches, luggage trucks and directing guests and public
You will have...
- The Ability to lift 40lbs
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Energetic, motivated, hardworking and committed to Guest Service Excellence
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
This role requires….
- Ability to be at the station on time by the start of your shift
- The ability to operate on a split- shift basis
- Flexibility with your hours is required if there are train delays
- Irregular scheduling to ensure effective Station operations, including availability on evenings and weekends as per arrival/departure schedules
- Outdoor work in a variety of weather conditions
- Class 5 Drivers License and clean drivers abstract is an asset
If this position suits your skills, experience and personal attributes, we want to talk to you!
Please apply by submitting your resume and a covering letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate.
Armstrong Group is committed to equal opportunity employment and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Please note that background checks are a part of our hiring process.
View this posting on the Rocky Mountaineer Current Opportunities web page.