Senior Manager, Business Development
- Feb 23, 2017
- Feb 15, 2017
- Alberta Parks
Edmonton: Do you enjoy being in nature and exploring the wonders of Alberta's spectacular provincial parks and protected areas system? Do you have a passion for business and experience in recreation and tourism development? Join us to help guide the future of the business of Alberta Parks. Reporting to the Director of Policy and Strategic Business Supports, this leadership role will be instrumental in strategically shaping the direction of recreation and tourism product business, revenue generation, strategic planning and corporate performance for Alberta Parks. As the Senior Manager, Business Development, your work will direct, define and achieve the business outcomes of Alberta Parks.
- Competition #: 1040527
- Classification: Senior Manager 1
- Closing Date: February 23, 2017
- Rate of Pay: $3,352.75 to $4,574.56 bi-weekly ($87,507 to $119,396 annually)
- Lead the analysis and development of existing and new visitor products and attractions
- Grow the business analytics program, including the use of data from digital platforms AlbertaParks.ca, ReserveAlbertaParks.ca and social media, to better understand customer behavior and market opportunities, expand service and product offerings, deliver effective marketing strategies and foster revenue generation
- Work to establish fiscal sustainability, revenue generation and program evaluation frameworks
- Manage the development of business performance metrics and indicators, business plans and operational plans
- Develop data analysis and reporting to support program areas including regional operations, environment monitoring and system planning
- Lead and manage business unit operations, budgets and staff
The minimum requirements of the role are
- A post graduate degree such as an MBA or Master's in Economics, Marketing or a related field
- 5 years' experience in a role involving product development, business analytics, business performance, data analytics, revenue generation strategy, market research
- Strategic and operational planning experience
- Management or senior supervisory experience in program/project management related to the role
- Experience managing specialists
Equivalencies will be considered as a degree in business, economics, information systems management, marketing or a related field, plus a minimum of 7 years' experience in the areas listed above.
Assets to the role include
- Additional related experience in the areas listed above
- Government experience in business interdepartmental planning and cross-government projects
- Experience in parks, recreation or tourism related business
Alberta Public Service competencies are behaviours that are essential to reach our goals in serving Albertans. We encourage you to have an in depth understanding of the competencies that are required for this opportunity and to be prepared to demonstrate them during the recruitment process.
- Drive for Results - Aligns different groups within Alberta Parks to achieve their goals and realize broader outcomes
- Systems Thinking - Integrates broader context of business and operational goals within the Ministry and Division into team's strategic planning
- Creative Problem Solving - Creates the environment for innovative problem solving
Term of Employment
- Regular (permanent) position
- The vision of Alberta's parks is to inspire people to discover, value, protect and enjoy the natural world and the benefits it provides for current and future generations. Alberta Parks now has 473 land bases throughout the province, ranging from areas of high recreation development to strict nature preserves. Many thousands of visitors stay over night in one of Alberta Parks' 300 campgrounds, 7 comfort camping locations and 155 group camping areas. Many millions more participate in a wide range of recreational activities during the day. Alberta Parks are also hosts of and catalysts for tourism and recreation development in communities across the province.
- Alberta Parks (Parks Division) is part of the Ministry of Alberta Environment & Parks.
- Applicants are advised to provide information that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience and relevant examples of required competencies.
- We recommend that applicants who have obtained educational credentials from outside of Canada and have not had them previously assessed, obtain an evaluation of their credentials from the International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS). Please include the assessment certificate from IQAS or any other educational assessment service as part of your application.
- For further information on this job posting, please contact Clotilde Santos-Carreiro at ESRD.HRS@gov.ab.ca.
How to Apply
Online applications are preferred through https://jobs.alberta.ca/. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter, resume and any other related documents are submitted as one file. Please ensure that this document is saved using the naming convention of your first name then last name (Joe_Smith). If you are unable to apply online, please submit your cover letter and resume, quoting the Job ID to:
Environment & Parks4th Fl, Petroleum Plaza, South Tower, 9915 108 Street
Edmonton, Alberta T5K 2G8
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.