Travel Counsellor, Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centre, West Glacier, Montana
- Mar 30, 2015
- Mar 23, 2015
- Alberta Culture and Tourism - Visitor Services Branch
- Provide exceptional customer service to visitors travelling to Alberta;
- Actively promote attractions and destinations across the province, including trip planning and booking;
- Influence visitors to do more and extend their length of stay in Alberta;
- Distribute information and essential travel tips;
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics.
- All candidates must have a high school education and at least one year of customer service experience. Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality and/or a related field.
- Knowledge of a second language and experience with Alberta’s tourism industry and tourism destinations are considered assets. Equivalencies will be considered.
- Familiarity with the internet and computers (including Microsoft applications) is essential.
- First Aid Certification is required.
- All applicants must have a valid passport and the ability to travel in the United States.
Online applications are preferred at www.jobs.alberta.ca. If you apply online, please ensure your cover letter and resume are submitted as one file. Ensure you quote the competition number and save using the naming convention of your first then last name (Joe Smith_competition number). Applicants who apply online will be able to track the status of this competition. If you are unable to submit an electronic version of your resume, please submit your resume, quoting the Job ID, to:
Culture and Tourism
7th Floor Standard Life Centre
10405 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta, T5J4R7
Fax: (780) 422-3142
If you require any further information on this job posting, please contact Jonathan Hawkins, HR Consultant, at firstname.lastname@example.org.