Manager, Global Content
- Mar 6, 2016
- Feb 16, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting to the Director, Global Media & Content, the Manager, Global Content is responsible for the following:
- Leading the execution of Travel Alberta’s destination storytelling with oversight of all content published in nine markets (Canada, U.S., China, U.K., Germany, Australia, Japan, South Korea and the Netherlands). Published original and curated content (photo, video, short and long-form written content) will engage and inspire travellers to choose Alberta as their vacation destination within the global tourism marketplace.
- Providing strategic and day-to-day coaching, mentorship and direction of a dedicated team of content professionals including contractors (writers, editors, videographers, photographers) and agency partners. Foster alignment and collaboration across the team and with internal business units.
- Oversight of Travel Alberta’s content management system(s) and editorial calendars (development and ongoing execution) ensuring efficient use of resources to proactively plan and deliver on all content requirements by themes and consumer segments for a variety of audiences.
- Planning, curation and distribution of content, working in partnership with Travel Alberta’s tourism industry partners.
- Manage relationship with Travel Alberta’s language translation agency.
- Responsible for management of budgets, project requests, purchase orders, contracts, etc., for content across all markets.
- Extensive experience leading, coaching and managing teams in a multichannel content creation environment
- Widespread knowledge and experience of marketing channel optimization, segmentation and localization of content as it relates to the implementation of brand and market strategies.
- Minimum five years’ experience in project management, horizontal collaboration and evaluating and measuring the implementation of content strategy using analytics against KPIs.
- Clear understanding of digital publishing and platforms and up to date on current trends. A passion for new technology and usage of those tools for content sharing.
- Strong working knowledge of web analytics tools (i.e., Google Analytics) and creative software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) is required.
- Strong budgetary skills, ability to manage project costs, revenue and variances in accordance with approved budgets.
- Comfortable in work environment with a high degree of change.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of the tourism industry and the Alberta government is also considered an asset.
Your degree in marketing, communications, journalism or related area is complemented with five to seven years of progressive relevant experience leading and managing teams, in a multichannel content creation environment (publishing, journalism, etc.). Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point; now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Some domestic travel is required
Employment status: Full Time
Please note: Team oversight requires availability during the week’s regular business hours. The Manager should also be available evenings and weekends for occasional issues management.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (employee assistance provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: March 6, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.