Advisor, People & Talent Management
- Aug 3, 2016
- Jul 26, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Advisor, People & Talent Management nurtures organizational excellence by leading and fulfilling objectives of the People Strategy to provide a culture and work environment that emphasizes empowerment, excellence, collaboration, and innovation. The Advisor provides proactive advice, guidance, and support in people and performance management to all Team Members at Travel Alberta. The Advisor invests in all people management activities, ensuring the development of Team Members engagement and capabilities, in order to deliver business results.
Reporting to the Director, People & Performance, the Advisor, People & Talent Management is responsible for the following:
- Supports Travel Alberta’s People Strategy to ensure all elements of a high performing team best propels achievement of our Business Strategy.
- Leads all recruitment efforts, in partnership with hiring manager.
- Manages the arrivals and departures process for Travel Alberta.
- Discuss, evaluate and analyze Travel Alberta’s strategic peopling needs.
- Execute general orientation and on-boarding program for all new Team Members
- Meet with Business Unit leaders and People managers to assess and address opportunities.
- Provide proactive advice and guidance on union labor relations; i.e. interpretation of the collective agreement.
- Participate on the Travel Alberta-Union Relations Committee to foster a positive and constructive relationship through open dialogue.
- Conduct learning and development needs assessment and recommend/facilitate appropriate training opportunities.
- Assist People managers in building Team Member development plans, growing competencies and identifying opportunities to achieve personal, professional and organizational success.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the application of occupational health and safety practices to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Support the Health Safety & Wellness Committee to foster a safe work environment, support Team Member well-being and assess workplace risks.
- Complete top employee applications to submit for awards.
- Facilitate annual engagement survey to measure the effectiveness of culture and engagement initiatives.
- Identify and interpret legislation and jurisprudence relevant to HR functions.
- Ensure compliance with applicable legislation; i.e. Public Service Employee Relations Act, Alberta Employment Standards Code, Alberta Human Rights Act, FOIP Act, etc.
- Extensive experience leading, coaching and managing teams.
- Prior experience in a unionized environment and collective bargaining.
- Confidence, patience, empathy, diplomacy, tact and maturity are critical in fostering relationships and dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to make critical decisions.
- Maintains a high degree of freedom to manage own work, time, and schedule. Modify work methods and adjust working hours to accommodate deadlines.
- Well organized and ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of recruitment, performance management, health and safety, employee relations, learning and development.
- Knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards, FOIP and the Alberta Human Rights, Citizenship and Multiculturalism Act.
Your degree in business with a focus in Human Resources or related area is complemented with three years of progressive relevant experience in a diverse generalist HR role. CHRP Designation or in progress is an asset. Experience working in a unionized environment considered an asset. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point; now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Limited domestic travel is required
Employment status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (employee assistance provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: August 3, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.