- Mar 23, 2016
- Mar 9, 2016
- Calgary Stampede
Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class, year-round gathering place for the community.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Receive and put away orders in a timely and organized fashion.
- Maintain, organize and clean stock rooms.
- Ensure proper care of equipment and assets.
- Provide product rotation, inventory counts, and assist with other inventory control measures.
- Set up and tear down Food & Beverage areas before and after events.
- Provide stock and service to Food & Beverage stands.
- Practice proper food safety procedures.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have worked in a dynamic environment where they have experience delivering on multiple priorities and will hold the following qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be able to perform lifting and manual labour.
- Knowledge of food safety procedures is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License is required.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work well and thrive under pressure in a stressful environment.
- Forklift experience is an asset. Calgary Stampede forklift certification must be obtained after hire.
- CSA certified steel toed footwear is required. Other Personal Protection Equipment will be provided.
- Proficiency in English language, written and verbal, is required.
The Calgary Stampede offers a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent total compensation package and the opportunity for advancement and employee training.