Integrated Brand Marketing Manager
- Apr 18, 2014
- Apr 4, 2014
- Calgary Stampede
Why the Stampede? When you work for the Calgary Stampede you are part of a family of employees, volunteers and sponsors committed to the community. The Stampede is more than a 10-day celebration – it is a world-class, year-round gathering place dedicated to youth education, agricultural programs, connecting rural and urban communities, and creating exceptional experiences. We are a group of passionate, curious, team-oriented folks who love what we do.
Reporting to the Director of Consumer Marketing, the Brand Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing organization-wide marketing, communications, and promotional activities to ensure brand values and image are appropriately expressed, both internally and externally. Additionally, this role is responsible to drive new and emerging media efforts to support brand and business objectives.
• Develops, in partnership with the Director, Consumer Marketing, peers and other stakeholders, the strategic and operational plans for the brand marketing and digital marketing business units, aligned to broader organizational objectives and based on quantifiable business goals.
• Develops and oversees national and international brand awareness and consumer awareness, using a mix of marketing strategies and tools to successfully foster enhanced public engagement with Calgary Stampede’s goals.
• As needed, works closely with internal stakeholders to design additional marketing plans for specific functions, revenue generation programs or lines of business.
• Oversees the ongoing management of the Calgary Stampede’s corporate brand and associated sub-brand portfolios, ensuring consistency of message and adherence to brand design standards across all activities.
• Leads national brand strategy and brand development projects on behalf of the organization, working with nominated partners and in close consultation with Director and executive management team.
• Utilizes consumer market research to gauge brand recognition, monitor the effectiveness of specific campaigns and activities and assess stakeholder attitudes, opinion and emerging issues.
• Oversees Calgary Stampede’s digital marketing strategy and the ongoing development of core digital properties including CalgaryStampede.ca, associated web properties and sub-sites, e-commerce platforms, email marketing and social media.
• Oversees centralized development of corporate marketing materials.
• Plans, coordinates and supervises the efforts of department, providing support, direction and ongoing feedback including annual performance reviews.
• Develops an annual operating departmental budget and monitors budget expenditures.
• Participates in managerial line functions such as hiring, training, discipline, etc.
• Oversees engagement of outside marketing partners and agencies as appropriate to support specific strategic activities, and directs, supervises and appraises their performance.
• Directs policy and protocol development within functional area.
• Keeps abreast of all new marketing industry trends as well as current affairs and issues impacting Calgary Stampede and stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, optimistic and have the ability to multi-task. He/she will have an undergraduate degree in a related discipline as well as the following:
• University graduate in marketing, advertising, communications, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
• Minimum of seven years’ progressive experience in brand management and/or traditional or digital marketing.
• Minimum of five years’ experience supervising direct reports.
• Knowledge of the operation of a marketing department and its function in a non-profit organization.
• Experience developing departmental operating plans aligned to corporate strategic objectives and based on quantifiable business goals.
• Ability to plan, manage and evaluate multiple complex marketing projects, typically involving input from internal and external contacts.
• Knowledge of brand development and management strategies; market research; marketing and advertising.
• Understanding of digital marketing principles and best practices, existing/emerging web technologies, content strategy, SEO/SEM, and social media.
• Understanding of the key linkage between corporate communications, media relations and issues management with marketing activities.
• Excellent project management and organization skills, with the ability to manage time and multitask effectively.
• Superior interpersonal and negotiation skills, including the ability to relate effectively with people at all levels both internal and external to the Calgary Stampede.
• Exceptional writing and presentation skills and an effective communicator among a diverse constituency.
• Demonstrated computer skills and competence with standard computer tools associated with business, marketing and project management.
• Ability to develop and manage departmental and project budgets.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Occasional travel may be required.
• This position takes place in an office environment.
To apply: Please submit a resume online www.calgarystampede.com/employment.
All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.