Marketing Coordinator at Hostelling International – 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract
- Mar 8, 2015
- Mar 4, 2015
The opportunity to join our team as Marketing Coordinator working out of the HI-Edmonton hostel is a full-time, salaried position. This position is available on April 1, 2015 and is a one year maternity leave contract.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing at HI-Regional Office, the Marketing Coordinator provides overall support to the Marketing Director in implementing various marketing initiatives related to memberships and hostel overnights. You will communicate on an ongoing basis with HI-C-PM Region’s hostel managers, assistant managers, Regional Office staff, as well as with groups in other regions and on a national level.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Working with the Marketing Director in developing and implementing various marketing and sales campaigns to boost membership sales and hostel overnights
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications Coordinator in all communications.
- Planning, coordinating and/or conducting travel talks and consumer shows. This includes working with various travel partners in the delivery of marketing related programs and activities.
- Assisting the Marketing Director in coordination of regional promotional campaigns
- Working with the Marketing Director in maintaining and administrating web content on hihostels.ca, hihostelspm.ca and other external websites where Pacific Mountain region hostels are listed.
- Working with Marketing and Communications coordinator to create adverts and promotional material for Alberta properties
- Assisting in the delivery of regional and national social media strategy.
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications coordinator in the design and updating of basic web and print materials – posters, flyers, forms, banner ads, and web buttons.
- Performing other related duties as required.
Our ideal candidate has a love for travel and using hostels to see the world. The successful candidate will have familiarity with the web (basic HTML and social media) and have strong writing skills. He/She will also have a strong Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills.
The salary range for this position is $33,500 - $37,500 commensurate upon experience and includes an annual 4% vacation entitlement and extensive health and dental benefits. Please submit cover letter and resume online at www.hostelcareers.ca before 5:00 pm on March 8, 2015. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately.