- Jul 10, 2015
- Jun 22, 2015
- Banff Lake Louise Tourism
Coordinator, Events – Full-Time
Our ideal candidate is a strong team player with a passion for mountain culture. You are able to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders through exceptional communication. You enjoy the challenge of working in a cross functional team environment and can take on multiple priorities and projects. This role requires the successful candidate to work indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions and will include evening and weekend work during event periods.
Primary area of responsibilities:
- Lead, assist and deliver on designated projects, events and festivals;
- Offer administrative support to the Events Team in the form of accounting, event contracts, proposals, grant and permit applications;
- Create and manage volunteer schedules, staff recruitment, scheduling and training;
- Help create and execute site and traffic management plans; Oversee equipment inventory, event staging and site logistics; and
- Liaise with Marketing Team and Visitor Services team to promote special events.
Essential skills and experience:
- A passion for marketing the tourism destination of Banff, Lake Louise and Banff National Park, with a strong knowledge of local attractions;
- Experience with In Resort and sport event planning and logistics;
- Ability to prioritize and take initiative;
- Social marketing savvy with the ability to understand administrative and financial processes;
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills;
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft programs;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Post-secondary education in Hospitality & Tourism, Business/Marketing or Sport Recreation management an asset; and
- Positive attitude with a natural ability to form and nurture relationships.
Please forward your resume and cover letter no later than 4:00 pm on Friday July 3, 2015 to:
Manager, Human Resources & Administration