Corporate Sales Manager
- Mar 15, 2017
- Feb 24, 2017
- Canadian Rocky Mountain Resorts
Primary Function of the Position
This position oversees and manages all aspects of the sales functions for corporate segments of CRMR Lodges. This position is required to have a strong knowledge and working experience within Corporate Group sales.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Business development of new Group accounts
- Maintain contacts and customer database within the following market segments:
- Canadian Corporate Market
- Incentive & Corporate Group Travel
- Industry Partners
- International Corporate Markets
- Oversee ongoing client relations with Group accounts, contract negotiations and hotel representation at industry related events
- Develop and promote product image and awareness by direct mail campaigns in conjunction with Director of Sales
- Network with business influencers and decision makers ensuring CRMR is visible and professionally presented.
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects and ensuring a follow up program is in place
- Maintain ongoing communication with Director of Sales and Sales team focusing on market intelligence and personal activity
- Practice professional account qualification on a consistent basis (i.e., measure budget needs, date flexibility, space requirement, competitive information etc).
- Maximize and achieve all sales personal productivity and targeted Room Revenue goals by following a system of weekly and monthly action plans, which are reviewed by the Director of Sales; ensures achievement of overall hotel goals supersedes individual concerns.
- Identify business trends and marketing opportunities that can improve hotel performance in need periods.
- Create excellent guest and client relationship through attention to detail; follow through with a personalized touch, empathy for customer perceptions and needs and responds in a timely manner.
- Provide weekly and monthly sales target reports, attend quarterly and weekly sales meetings.
- Support the development of the annual Business Plan, Hotel Budget and Sales Plan as requested by the Director of Sales; attend tradeshows, industry and major business functions as required.
- Co-operate and accept other assignments from the Director of Sales as and when required from time to time.
- Provide precise, clear, and timely communication, special reports or events as may be required by the Director of Sales.
Experience and Qualifications
Minimum five (5) years in a sales capacity within the Hotel industry with a proven track record of achieving room and revenue goals.
Undergraduate degree from an accredited university, college or hotel school an asset or equivalent level of experience.
Excellent oral & written communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and within a team environment with excellent communication skills
Strong negotiating and presentation skills; Attention to detail and follow-through imperative
Results driven with the ability to build strong relationships
Experience in preparing RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and group contracts.
Must have the flexibility to incorporate travel, evening and weekend work into lifestyle; must have valid driver’s license and vehicle.
Computer Skills – Strong computer skills, including an intermediate level of Microsoft Office Suite, proficiency with e-mail, internet and data base applications. Experience using hotel programs – Opera is an asset.