Senior Sales Manager
- Mar 29, 2016
- Mar 15, 2016
- West Edmonton Mall
The Senior Sales Manager will be responsible for selling and booking the Fantasyland Hotel to clients while increasing utilization of our facilities and overseeing the Sales department.
- Meeting with prospective and existing clients to increase bookings and sales of the hotels facilities, acting on and coordinating specific client requests to ensure 100% customer satisfaction.
- Building our corporate client list and working on new business development strategies to increase our use of our hotel and facilities to local and out of town market groups and organizations.
- Leading and motivating the Sales Team to assist them in achieving the established goals and supporting them in enhancing their skills while ensuring a high standard of customer service is maintained.
- Maintaining and exceeding our present level of achievement in the group and corporate market segment along with development of maximums group and individual business.
- Increasing utilization of our convention facilities by booking various meetings, seminars, banquets and conventions.
- Confirming in writing (according to hotel standards) all proposals and confirmation including contracts and function room outlines in coordination with the catering department. Periodically reviewing all group activity including signed contracts received reservation process, room release dates and catering contracts.
- Representing the hotels during in and out of town sales trips, acting as a representative on professional committees.
- Attending various trade shows, promotional events, and out of town meetings with prospective clients to promote our services to new and potential clientele.
- Working closely with all departments to ensure that proper information is received regarding groups, conventions, events, etc.
- Supplying weekly and monthly reports supporting productivity standard and records of contacts to the General Manager while also forecasting of Sales and Catering to maximize revenue.
- Other responsibilities as required.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in hospitality, sales or a related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of previous related hotel/hospitality sales experience.
- The proven ability to make sales presentations and possess strong public speaking skills and abilities.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, computer and organizational skills complemented by team building and motivating activities.
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time position required Monday through Friday but also allows for a flexible schedule and reliable transportation that allows for both in and out of town travel and sales calls.
This is a salaried position that will depend on experience and qualifications.
Must be able to pass a basic security clearance.