Managing Director (Term)
- Jul 27, 2015
- Jul 2, 2015
- Tourism Jasper
The Managing Director will report to the Board of Directors and is responsible for all aspects of Tourism Jasper including the management of staff, projects and the development of new initiatives. The Managing Director will ensure that JDMC and Tourism Jasper maintains exemplary stewardship by supporting the Board, staff and volunteer activities while focusing on the mission, mandate and strategic priorities of the organization. The Managing Director will also be responsible for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the strategic, operational and financial plans as set out by the Board. The Managing Director will provide leadership through strong linkages amongst the Board, staff, community, business leaders and all different levels of government.
The role will utilize the following Strategic Planning tactics:
- Within the context of the Strategic plan, develop and recommend to the Board of Directors, an integrated plan for Tourism Jasper and JDMC that sets objectives and strategic initiatives to be focused on.
- Monitor and report on progress of the integrated plan on a regular basis.
- Encourage and live the Tourism Jasper values.
- Provide leadership in the establishment and execution of strategies related to the ongoing development and advancement of Tourism Jasper and JDMC assets.
- Oversee the operation of Tourism Jasper by providing effective strategic leadership and management and assume the ultimate decision making responsibility.
- Establish and maintain key Stakeholder relationships with various levels of government and the community.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Mitigate risk to the organization in all areas of finance and operations.
- Plan and execute the organizational plan and appropriate staffing.
- Strategically prioritize for future program development.
- Ensure prudent project management of all campaigns and projects to produce on time on budget results.
- Identify and work with partners and stakeholders, corporations, public organizations and all levels of government to support and further the JDMC and Tourism Jasper mandate.
- Serve as Tourism Jaspers and JDMC chief public spokesperson and ambassador for the organization.
- Build implement execute and measure a fully integrated business / marketing plan for the promotion of the town of Jasper and Jasper National Park.
- Represent Tourism Jasper and JDMC with other organizations at industry functions as required.
- Maintain a positive and effective working relationship with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the strategic direction of the organization.
- Sole liaison with the Board of Directors. Authority to act without reference to the board within prescribed parameters, but is solely accountable to the Board for the fulfillment of organizational strategy, goals and objectives.
- Assume overall responsibility for all aspects of the operations of Tourism Jasper and JDMC including staffing, security, marketing and financial viability.
- Ensure that programs, brand and campaigns, and exhibits are all kept current and build interest and awareness of Jasper and Jasper National Park.
- Provide proactive support to the Board in developing and updating the vision, mission and strategic priorities of Tourism Jasper and JDMC.
- Provide the Board of Directors with sufficient background and data to support strategic direction and policy decisions.
- Report operational results to the Board in a timely manner.
- Utilize the skills of the Board members in committee work to develop recommendations to present to the full Board of Directors.
- Allocate tasks and ensure organization forms and job descriptions are kept current, set expectations and ensure performance of staff is measured and reviews are conducted in a timely manner. This applies to contract and permanent staff.
- Responsible for recruitment, retention, evaluation and if necessary, dismissal of staff as appropriate, to achieve the goals and objectives of Tourism Jasper and JDMC.
- Provide the Board and committees with the financial reports and related information on a timely manner and as necessary to assist them in performing their role as the Board.
- As required, develop formal agreements with external entities.
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation
- Strong communicator
- Ability to think strategically and develop program plans and business models from concept to execution. Ability to follow things through to completion.
- Excellent Project management skills – a natural multi-tasker
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills – comfortable working in a small team environment.
- Ability to see through the clutter, prioritize and manage effective work groups and internal/external teams.
- Ability to track results, assign targets and determine ROI
- Sense of humour
- Undergraduate university degree preferred
- A minimum of 12 years Tourism industry or related experience.
- Proven track record as a successful senior level executive with experience in either a private or public sector organization.
- Previous leadership experience supporting an organization requiring the development of community support, and involvement of a wide range of stakeholders and partners.
- Previous major project planning and execution experience with a focus on achieving timelines and financial results.
- Record of accomplishment in innovative outreach strategies.
- Experience working within a multiple stakeholder environment.
- Effective at public relations and working with the media.
- Proven international perspective and ability to work closely and effectively with various levels of government.
- Visionary leader with a strategic focus
- Proven record of accomplishment in a leadership capacity
- Sound knowledge of business and operations
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and relation/ partnership building skills
- Innovative and creative risk manager
- Personable and energetic
- Team player
- Capable of building and sustaining a strong staff team through coaching, mentoring and human resources.
- Politically astute.
This position is based in Jasper, AB Canada.
Term: Immediate – October 2016
Closing Date: July 27, 2015
Please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mary Darling, CEO Tourism Jasper
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.