Business Development Coordinator
- Apr 18, 2014
- Apr 1, 2014
- Tourism Jasper
Tourism Jasper has an opening for the position of Business Development Coordinator.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Business Development Coordinator essential duties are to be actively involved in aspects of business and product development, travel trade, visitor experience which includes festivals and events, and Shareholder relations.
The successful applicant will have relevant post-secondary education and/or a minimum of 2 years’ experience in the tourism industry and/or related work experience.
This position is based in Jasper, Alberta.
Tourism Jasper is a destination marketing organization which supports a creative, integrated and team focused environment.
Key function areas:
• Provide administration support to the Business Development team in the planning and execution of daily tasks and projects
• Establish, foster and facilitate strong relationships with all Tourism Jasper Shareholders, Stakeholders and partners
• Support the development and execution of the Tourism Jasper brand
• Assist with the coordination and execution of Tourism Jasper Events and Festivals
• Assist with developing and coordinating itinerates for travel trade familiarization visits
• Ensure that all itineraries are communicated properly and effectively with Shareholders and Partners
• Host travel trade familiarization visits as requested
• Participate in Shareholder and Client functions as requested
• Receive requests, leads and general client inquiries and direct those to the appropriate team member in a timely manner
• Coordination of Tourism Jasper attendance at Consumer Shows, MC & IT Shows and Travel Trade
• Participate in weekly meetings and others as required
• Ability to work evenings and weekends and travel, when required
• Integrate as a positive, professional and engaged team player within Tourism Jasper; maintain and encourage an atmosphere of teamwork and co-operation
• Other duties as required/assigned
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Ability to assign and manage tasks and timelines with internal and external contacts
• Ability to work under tight timelines and multiple projects at once
• Ability to work in a face paced environment and rapidly changing environment
• Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Detail-oriented with the ability to manage projects from inception through execution
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including proof reading/editing
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to work effectively with team members, partners and Shareholders
• Understanding of Destination Marketing Organizations
• Understanding of Jasper partners and product
• Understanding of Alberta partners and stakeholders
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Bryan Attree at email@example.com.
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: April 18th, 2014