Marketing & Communications Coordinator - Tourism Jasper
- Feb 21, 2014
- Feb 6, 2014
- Tourism Jasper
Are you passionate about Jasper? Do you want to do your part in helping the community thrive as a global travel destination. Are you interested in a career in Tourism, Communications, or Marketing? Are you highly organized and love supporting a winning team?
Tourism Jasper is looking for a Marketing and Communications Coordinator.
This role is an important part of the Marketing, Digital, and Media/PR team, providing administrative support and active coordination of the team’s activities and initiatives.This position’s primary purpose is to assist and support with the execution and evaluation of the strategic marketing and media relations plans to increase overall awareness of the authentic Jasper experience.
The position contributes to the total effectiveness of the department and organization, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member.
Key Function Areas:
• Work with the Marketing, Visitor Experience, and Trade teams to ensure successful completion of the TJ business plan.
• Assist team members where appropriate in all Marketing, Digital, and Media/PR activities; including marketing materials, marketing campaigns, corporate communications, press releases, media events, content for trade and media publications, etc.
• Assist in the management of the TJ digital asset management system.
• Assist in updating the TJ Consumer and Shareholder websites.
• Assist in the coordination of online and social media programs.
• Coordinate incoming Media and Social Media Visit Itineraries.
• Compile and manage Tourism Jasper media coverage, online and offline.
• Assist in the creation and deployment of consumer, Shareholder, and media e-newsletters.
• Coordinate Marketing Meetings and take minutes as required.
• Coordinate TJ attendance at Marketing and Media events.
• Manage and maintain consumer and media databases.
• Fulfill TJ logos, images, copy, and video requests to media, industry partners, and Shareholders.
• Coordinate the collation of information and assist with the production of marketing and communication pieces as required.
• Process TJ Marketing and Media invoices.
• Edit and proofread TJ communications as required
• Communicate marketing/media activities to both internal team members and membership.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Minimum one year experience in an administrative role
• Possess excellent communication skills and projects a positive public image for the Alberta tourism industry and Tourism Jasper
• Strong organizational skills, self motivated and able to handle multiple demands by prioritizing effectively.
• High attention to detail and high level of accuracy
• Effective project management skills
• High level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Understanding of Jasper partners and product
• Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to interact effectively with Shareholders and Stakeholders
• Ability to work both independently, with minimal supervision, and in a team fostered environment
This position is based in Jasper, Alberta.
Tourism Jasper is a designated destination marketing organization and supports a creative, integrated, and team-focused environment.
Salary Commensurate with experience.
Please forward a cover letter and resumes to email@example.com
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: February 21, 2014