Finance Lead, Global Marketing – Full Time
- Jun 12, 2016
- May 30, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Finance Lead, Global Marketing provides support within Travel Alberta and manages the reporting, analysis and forecasting of departmental budgets and project budgeting for the Global Consumer Marketing and Business Development teams.
Reporting to the Director, Finance, the Finance Lead, Global Marketing is responsible for the following:
- Support business units by ensuring information requirements, reporting and variance analysis are met in terms of quality, relevance, timeliness and compliance with internal policies and accounting standards
- Assist with the development and forecasting of the marketing departments budgets as well as the development of the annual organizational budget
- Manage the implementation of the annual budget including quarterly reforecasting process for marketing departments in the accounting systemMonitor and communicate budget variances with timely and relevant explanation
- Continuously review and update departmental and project budgets by managing the accounting system to reflect current budget status
- As internally designated as Accounting Officer, verify and review invoices, expense reports, standard forms and accounting statements for accuracy, completeness and conformity to procedures and policies
- Create, validate and prepare entries for posting in financial journals, ledgers or other financial records
- Contribute to streamline and improve finance related policies and ensure compliance throughout the year.
- Prepare reports upon request of other departments including but not limited to year-over-year comparisons, forecasting and historical data analysis
- Manage the accounts receivable function for Travel Alberta
- Assist in the Interim and year-end financial audits
- Knowledge of Canadian accounting theory, concepts, principles and practices
- Extensive knowledge of full cycle accounting
- Exposure to various accounting systems
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Adaptable to new technologies; can easily acquire new technical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills and ability to organize priorities and heavy workloads
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate and build trust with internal and external parties
Your diploma or degree in accounting or related area is complemented with 3-5 years of progressive relevant business experience in accounting or finance. Accounting designation is an asset but not required. Exposure to project/cost centre related environments considered an asset. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point; now it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
Employment status: Full Time
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (employee assistance provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: June 12, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.