Human Resources Coordinator – Recruitment
- Apr 24, 2015
- Apr 10, 2015
- Mountain Park Lodges
Position: Human Resources Coordinator (Recruitment)
This is a salaried position offering health benefits, incentives, and pension program. The Human Resources Coordinator at Mountain Park Lodges is the first and last point of contact for all things "staff" related. As a member of a small team you are involved in hiring new employees, staff housing, onboarding, settlement issues, and for providing general HR guidance and support. The ideal candidate is energetic, helpful, and passionate about Hospitality and Human Resources. If you have a "Can-Do" attitude and want to get your career off to a great start, we want to talk to you!
- First point of contact for HR Department general inquiries.
- Provide HR guidance and assistance to front line staff and managers.
- Understand the recruitment needs of MPL and assist the HR Manager in the development of recruitment strategies.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels through the posting, screening, interviewing, and selection of all candidates; verifying validity of Work Permits/VISAs for foreign nationals.
- Attend job fairs and recruitment events as directed (some travel required).
- Assist candidates arriving under the Temporary Foreign Worker Program or Working Holiday Program with settlement concerns and issues.
- Provide administrative support to the HR Manager and in the advertising and preparation of all Service Canada and Labour Market Impact Assessment applications.
- Support the Employee Experience Coordinator with the distribution and collection of staff uniforms, New Employee Orientation Sessions, staff housing placements and staff housing inspections.
- Monitor departmental retention and provide feedback to the HR Manager on labour trends and market changes.
- Act as an HR representative on committees where requested by the HR Manager.
- Design and create the monthly MPL Staff Newsletter.
- Support the Payroll and Benefits Administrator with payroll processing duties as required.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the HR Manager.
- Previous Human Resource/Recruitment experience preferred.
- Excellent time management and organization skills required.
- Excellent communication skills, professional and approachable demeanor.
- Conflict resolution skills an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a multi-disciplinary team with changing priorities.
- Intermediate skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Outlook.Be an Ambassador for Mountain Park Lodges at all times.