- Aug 15, 2015
- Jun 22, 2015
- Art Gallery of St Albert
Art Gallery of St. Albert has an exciting opportunity for a highly energetic, creative and organized individual. The Art Educator/Instructor supports artistic achievement and visual culture in St. Albert and surrounding area by providing engaging educational art opportunities for children and youth.
- Preparation and delivery of curriculum based Outreach and Studio visual art programs. These programs take place at preschools and elementary schools in local and surrounding areas, as well as the Visual Art Studios in St. Albert Place.
- One to three workshops can be provided at one location in a day from Monday to Friday. Hours are generally between 8:30 am and 3:30 pm.
- This is a part-time contract instructor position. Training or shadowing opportunities are available as required.
- Rate of pay starts off at $53.00 per workshop, with additional pay for outreach travel and material preparation. Work is dependent on bookings, which could range from 5 to 20 days per month, with 10 to 40 workshops. Instructors receive schedules on a monthly basis.
- Fine Arts Diploma/Degree or Art Education Degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience teaching visual art to school groups
- Studio experience with clay is essential, as well as a wide variety of media
- Effective classroom management skills for diverse groups and age levels
- Excellent verbal communication skills for diverse groups and age levels
- Ability to lift and transport heavy supply totes
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle capable of carrying several supply totes
- A security clearance letter from local police services
- First Aid Certification
- French language would be an asset
Deliver, mail or email résumé with a cover letter to:
Art Gallery of St. Albert
19 Perron Street St. Albert, Alberta