- Apr 29, 2016
- Feb 25, 2016
- Concorde Airport Services
Concorde has been providing significant, continuous and expanding services to the Airport Authority for many years. We are honored to add the Customer Care Ambassador Services to our existing portfolio of services which include Technical (since 2011), HVAC (since 2010), Baggage (since 2005), and Janitorial (since 1993). We pride ourselves on providing the best possible level of customer service to passengers, tenants, agencies, and other partners at the Calgary International Airport.
The Ambassador Program’s purpose is to provide an exceptional passenger experience from curbside to gate. Ambassadors will play a critical role helping passengers and other airport users navigate the new terminal and its processes, and supporting passenger movement between the existing terminal and the new international facility, in a friendly, professional, and caring manner. The Customer Care Ambassadors will join the Calgary International Airport’s renowned White Hat Volunteers and the dedicated staff and partners at the airport in providing a passenger experience that is second to none.
The Curbside Lead will supervise and manage all curbside staff to ensure efficient curbside operations. Specifically, the Curbside Lead will focus on ensuring a seamless process of passenger pick up and drop off for both private and commercial vehicles, within the existing and new terminal facilities.
As part of the larger Customer Care Ambassador team, this role is integral to addressing YYC’s top priorities - customer satisfaction and operational efficiency. The primary focus of all Customer Care Ambassadors is to provide customer care which means an unwavering focus on proactively assisting, educating, promoting, and directing customers to the services provided at the Airport.
Approximately 45% of the duties are Supervisory:
- Supervise, train, manage, mentor and monitor Curbside Ambassadors;
- Promote the Customer Care principles daily by observing, educating, and directing Ground Transportation personnel in the fulfillment of their activities;
- Perform regular audits to mentor and monitor Curbside Ambassador performance;
- Stay informed about any changes or updates to airport operations, passenger processes, services, etc., and communicate to Curbside Ambassadors in a timely manner;
- Provide relief for coffee breaks, meals, sick leave and vacation leave when required;
- Monitor personnel to ensure compliance with uniform policy, customer service and overall service quality standards;
- Ensure adequate and properly trained personnel are available during each shift; and
- Identify and notify replacement personnel to assume shift assignments as needed.
As a working supervisor, Curbside Management represents 40% of the duties:
- Respond to traffic issues and manage daily curb activity; and
- Respond promptly and effectively to customer curbside conflicts.
10% of the duties relate to Passenger Assistance:
- Be responsible for understanding the passenger services provided at the airport and be able to direct passengers who require or request assistance;
- Engage in continuous customer interaction to assist, educate, promote, and clarify the services being provided at the Airport;
- Collaborate with all airport partners (ie. airline staff, tenant staff, White Hat Volunteers) to ensure high customer service;
- Provide courteous, helpful, and supportive assistance to passengers;
- Provide accurate, timely and relevant information to passengers in an efficient, helpful and transparent manner;
- Take personal pride and ownership of the area of service being provided;
- Have a professional, friendly, welcoming attitude and appearance while providing each arriving, departing and connecting passenger with a friendly, and superior level of care and customer service; and
- Provide updates, suggestions, and recommendations to the Airport Authority on how to improve the Customer Care program.
Other duties are approximately 5% of the role and include:
- Provide relief to other Lead positions on a rotational basis;
- Participate in Zone Evacuation Officer program; and
- Perform other duties as required.
- Prolonged standing is required;
- Heavy lifting, carrying and reaching is required;
- Exposure to harsh weather conditions including snow, rain and wind;
- Works outside 100% of the time; and
- Shift work may be required.
Job Classification: Full Time
Pay Rate: $23.32/hour, approximately $48,505 annually
How to Apply:
If you love the idea of creating an exceptional passenger experience at YYC … believe in what the Calgary International Airport can offer Calgary’s residents and visitors … and are interested in joining this outstanding team of Customer Care Ambassadors, submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’d love to hear from you!