Marketing and Communications Officer – Galt Museum and Archives – Permanent – 15-68
- May 20, 2015
- May 13, 2015
- Galt Museum & Archives
The City of Lethbridge, Galt Museum & Archives, is accepting applications for a permanent Marketing and Communications Officer to develop and manage marketing strategies to meet the museum’s organizational objectives. Reporting to the Director, the successful candidate will work in collaboration with every functional area of the Galt organization to promote a positive image of the museum.
We are seeking an individual who is creative, adaptive and skilled at providing effective management of the communication, marketing, advertising and promotional activities of our organization. As the successful candidate, you will lead the analysis of our market conditions, develop and implement marketing plans for new and existing products. You will monitor, review and report on all marketing results, while remaining within an agreed budget.
Other specific duties will include:
- Developing, coordinating and implementing communication, media relations, and publicity activities
- Supporting community-based marketing and fundraising activities
- Promoting access to the museum’s functions and services
- Devising and implementing solutions to meet specific information needs for internal and external audiences
- Distribution of promotional literature to
- general public, media, special interest groups, community and tourism partners
- Coordinating and maintaining the museum website
- Serving as editor of various newsletters, web content and external communications
- Writing content, designing layouts and establishing timelines for all promotional materials and ad copy
- Composing content for speeches, media releases and corporate correspondence
- Organizing Galt media events and acting as museum spokesperson, when required
- Acting as the lead on the Galt’s social media channels
- Representing the museum at trade and consumer shows
- Organizing and maintaining the promotional image library
- Assisting in the development of the department budget
- Assisting in the development of communications and public relations policies, as required
- Ensuring sponsors’ requests are met, including joint promotions and recognition in advertising and publicity, when required
Qualifications and Skills:
As the leading candidate, you will have superior relationship building and networking skills, a communications or marketing-related degree or equivalent professional qualification, and 3 to 5 years of direct, successful experience in marketing or public relations. You will have experience in all aspects of developing and managing marketing strategies, and have advanced skills in written and oral communication, print production, web maintenance, and social media. Significant experience with Microsoft Office, Corel Draw, and Adobe Design Standard are also required.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
Wage: $28.17 per hour (2014 rate, currently under negotiation)
The City offers an attractive and comprehensive flexible benefits plan.
For further information, please contact Susan Burrows-Johnson, Director, Galt Museum & Archives, at (403)329-7300.
1. Submit a cover letter with your resume or application
2. Quote competition #15-68
3. Send to email@example.com
Closing Date: Wednesday, May 20, 2015, at 4:30 p.m.
The City thanks all applicants in advance for their interest. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
CUPE Local 70