Alberta Culinary Tourism Alliance - Coordinator
- Jul 23, 2012
- Jul 16, 2012
- Alberta Culinary Tourism Alliance
Are you a foodie? Do you enjoy planning events and developing partnerships? Be a part of shaping Alberta as the next culinary destination.
The Alberta Culinary Tourism Alliance (ACTA) is a new organization with the purpose to increase the recognition and appreciation of Alberta’s produce and value-added culinary tourism experiences. ACTA is an industry-led and represents all sectors of the industry and all regions of the province.
ACTA is currently seeking a full-time coordinator that will assist them in achieving their purpose. The candidate will be based in Calgary but able to travel throughout the province as required.
Contract is until December 28, 2012 with the possibility of an extension or permanent position.
Compensation: $4,800 / month full time until December 28, 2012
Applications Due: 4pm MST / Monday, July 23, 2012
Please email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description (Scope of Work)
• Coordinate the day-to-day activities of ACTA including budgeting, scheduling and coordination of meetings
• Manage contact database
• Communicate and develop relationships with stakeholders, media and other organizations
• Respond to enquiries
• Manage social media platforms and website
Outreach and engagement
• Promote and communicate the ACTA message and projects
• Respond to questions and answers about the organization from stakeholders
• Suggest new and innovative means of communicating with stakeholders
Project and Committee Management
• Oversee, develop and ensure appropriate project budgets, evaluation and reporting
• Ensure tracking and completion of project goals, deliverables, accurate accounting, adherence to project funder requirements, liaise with funders and complete required reports.
• Facilitate effective team and inter-project communication and collaboration
• Participate in board, project and committee meetings and overall organizational strategy development
• Overall management of the organization under the direction of the Board
• Liaise with the stakeholder organizations
• Develop and maintain partnerships with tourism/hospitality/restaurant operators, producers, program/project sponsors, and others
• Experience in the tourism/hospitality industry desirable, preferably in experience-based
products, such as tours, attractions, events
• Expertise in foods and the foodservice sector desirable
• Trained in marketing strategies and tactics
• Experience in program/project management
• Extensive computer proficiency including Microsoft Office and Mac suite of programs, Internet applications, etc.
Skills and abilities:
• Work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders and possess superior communication skills
• Comfortable with on-line and telephone communications
• Experience with accountability and evaluation procedures
• Strategic thinking and planning
• Multi-project management and administration skills
• Budget management and business development experience
• Work some evening and weekend hours (as required)
• Some Provincial travel required
• Valid driver’s license required
• Work based at ACTA’s Calgary office (housed within Tourism Calgary offices)