Travel Counsellor – Jasper Visitor Information Centre and Mobile Tricycle
- Feb 24, 2017
- Feb 8, 2017
- Tourism Jasper
Exciting opportunities are available at the Jasper Visitor Information Centre and Mobile Tricycle! Are you passionate about showing the best of Jasper to all visitors? Do you have strong people skills and a knack for customer service? Are you proud to be or become a Jasperite and would like to add your skills to the efforts of Tourism Jasper? Here is your chance to learn about and experience many of the great attractions and adventures that Jasper has to offer, to develop valuable career skills, and to connect with people from all over the world. We are seeking individuals who are personable, customer service oriented and passionate about promoting Jasper. Excellent interpersonal, communication and sales skills are required.
Tourism Jasper is the official marketing organization of the Jasper and Jasper National Park, Canada’s base of adventure. As the keepers of the Jasper brand, our role is to present Jasper as it really is: an awe-inspiring and authentic Rocky Mountain destination-the entry point of Canada’s most epic adventures. It is from here that the greatest personal expeditions begin; where explorers and wanderers from around the world collect to enjoy the activities, accommodations, restaurants, and business of the town of Jasper, before taking on the real Canadian Rockies of Jasper National Park.
- Provide exceptional consumer service and engage with each visitor who approaches the information centre and tricycle that will be located in different strategic locations around Jasper’s town.
- Answer telephone and email inquiries in a timely manner
- Promote accommodation, attractions, and experiences throughout Jasper to encourage visitors to venture beyond
- Distribute information, promotional materials and travel essentials
- Complete administrative tasks such as preparing reports, and collecting and entering visitor statistics, vacancy reports and business referrals
- Engage visitor through multi-channels
- Other duties as assigned
- Preference will be given to candidates with some post-secondary education in tourism, hospitality, customer and sales experience and/or related field
- Must be professional in appearance
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset but not a requirement
- Strong understanding of the destination, Jasper Shareholders and partners, products and experiences
- Internet, social media, and computer skills (including Microsoft office) are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Develop strong working relationships with colleagues and work in a team setting
- Highly responsible & reliable
Physical aspects of the position (Include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting up to 7 lbs and riding/pushing the tricycle to different locations
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps
This position is based in Jasper, Alberta.
Hours of work: 24- 40 hours per week
Please note: This position is for summer employment term opportunities. Weekend and Statutory Holiday work is required.
Start Date: April 26, 2017
End Date: September 30, 2017
Please forward a cover letter and resume to Lety Cortez at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: February 24