Ticket Systems Specialist
- Mar 24, 2016
- Mar 7, 2016
- Calgary Stampede
Why the Stampede?
For over 100 years the Calgary Stampede has been the heart and soul of our city. It is both where and how we come together to celebrate our unique brand of western hospitality and community spirit. As we embark on the next chapter of our story, we will deliver exceptional experiences that entertain, educate and engage visitors. We will build inspired spaces to bring our community together to celebrate, and we will further energize the brand that has come to define our city. Our vision is to create a world-class, year-round gathering place for the community.
Reporting to the Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager, the ticket systems specialist is responsible for ensuring ticketing systems are used to maximize sales potentials while maintaining a high standard of financial accuracy and data integrity.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Primary administrator for ticketing systems including event creation, manifest building, pricing, and management of all aspects related to enabling an event for on sale.
- Maintaining financial accuracy of ticket sales and acting as a liaison between ticketing and accounting departments.
- Administer the daily, monthly, and annual financial activity for the ticket office including: daily balancing, bank balances, month-end and year-end balancing.
- Sales and revenue reporting as well as on-going analysis of customer and sales data
- Encourage, promote and sell tickets for the Stampede Rodeo and Evening Show.
- Process internal and external ticket requests.
- Act as primary contact between Calgary Stampede and ticketing partners.
- Support and educate staff on ticketing systems.
- Provide high level support to Marketing and Ticket Sales Manager including budget management and special projects, as required.
The ideal candidate will be detail orientated and have the ability to problem solve effectively. He/she will work well under pressure, exhibit superior customer service skills as well as the following:
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous ticketing experience along with Ticketmaster product knowledge is considered an asset (Archtics, Account Manager, Access Manager, Event Management Tool).
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite with an advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A strong understanding of cash handling, reporting and budget management.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- This position takes place in an office environment and outdoors.
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical demand requirement are in excess of those for sedentary work.
- Light work usually required walking or standing to a significant degree.
We offer a unique and exciting work environment, an excellent pension and benefits package, 3 weeks vacation pro-rated in the first year, flex days, opportunity for advancement and employee training.
Please click on the “Apply Online” button below to submit your resume. All applicants are thanked in advance and advised that only those selected for interviews will be contacted.