Marketing and Communications Coordinator
- Mar 4, 2016
- Feb 22, 2016
- Arts and Heritage St Albert
Arts and Heritage St Albert is a non-profit, charitable organization. It is the parent organization of the Art Gallery of St Albert, Musée Héritage Museum and St Albert Heritage Sites.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for strengthening our visual identity, increasing public awareness of Arts and Heritage through community partnership and promotion of events, exhibitions and programs throughout the organization.
This is a permanent, full time position (35 hours/week).
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Postsecondary education in Communications, Journalism, English, Marketing, or a related discipline
- Two to three years of experience in a marketing and communications, non-profit, or cultural industry
- Exceptional communications skills
- Excellent organization skills and a strong attention to detail
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- Developing, implementing and managing marketing and promotional initiatives that support internal and external priorities in consultation with the Executive Director, Museum Director and Gallery Director, with contributions from the staff
- Researching, planning, managing, writing, editing, and/or contributing to internal and external communication products, such as newsletters, presentations, invites, brochures, etc. for internal and external audiences.
- Coordinating the development of advertising campaigns for communication strategies, which includes assessing the needs, overseeing the development of advertising material to satisfy communication goals, and placement of media buys
- Maintaining regular interactions with media, contractors (printers), and community partners
- Maintaining marketing and website budgets
- Maintaining Arts and Heritage social media accounts
- Developing and producing the organization’s major promotional pieces: the Annual Report and annual Program Guide
- Overseeing and maintaining the organization’s three websites, including overall maintenance of gallery site and complete maintenance of Admin and Museum websites and additionally working with programs to measure effectiveness of specific campaigns and websites in general
- Liaising with external contractors, such as video contractors, printers and sales personnel
- Involvement in communications with membership to ensure consistency in message
Position requires occasional evening and weekend work, and/or travel to out of office meetings.