- Aug 14, 2015
- Jul 30, 2015
- Tourism Jasper
Why we’re here:
Tourism Jasper is the Destination Marketing Organization for Jasper and Jasper National Park. We’re a young, energetic, forward thinking team, who are charged with developing and executing on creative solutions to help our Shareholders (select hotels, restaurants, and activities in Jasper) increase revenue through sustainable visitation of targeted consumers to our awesome little town.
Why you’re here:
Reporting to the CEO, you are the backbone to the operations of the organization. You ensure the household runs effectively and that our guests, shareholders and partners feel welcome and are helped with friendliness and efficiency. You nurture the entire team by providing organizational excellence as a basis by which all other work is measured. You provide guidance and exemplify leadership by simply taking care of business. You are literally the wind beneath our wings.
Your Values = Our Values:
Inspire: Whether they know it or not, you inspire creativity in the team and enable them to achieve their goals by making their home away from home a pleasure to come to every day. You inspire our Shareholders and partners by being that relentlessly friendly and helpful first touch point of the organization.
Respect: You promote respect in the organization by keeping the house in top shape throughout the year and add your special touches depending on the season or holiday. You are highly respected by the team and our Shareholders and dazzle them with your ability to think of the often overlooked yet crucial details that help make their lives easier.
Collaborate: You embrace the spirit of collaboration by supporting each team member and you roll with the punches when thrown in to situations that may seem beyond your scope (like jumping in on an unexpected meeting to take notes or giving your opinion on some new marketing pieces). You continuously collaborate with Shareholders and partners to understand the best fit for how their needs can be met.
Accountable: Accountability is ingrained in you. Because you touch so many parts of the organization, you hold a unique position and being able to answer for your words and actions based on this insight is a no-brainer. You are results driven and have no problem being held accountable for all the great work you do.
Integrity: You show your high level of integrity by being a trusted teammate and partner. Your caring and helpful nature makes it easy for you to embrace the concept of integrity by always striving to do the right thing, even when no-one is looking.
This is you:
- You love people and being the first person people see as they walk through the door or the first person they talk to when they call is right up your alley.
- You’re a communicator. You are thoughtful about what you say and how you say it (you get pumped by a perfectly worded email!) and you’re often told you’re a great listener.
- You’re a matchmaker at heart. You quickly understand client requests and connect them with the team member that will best be able to help them.
- You are a caretaker of the team and the house. You love keeping a house organized and the team supplied with the stock they need to perform their work on a day to day basis. You have a knack for anticipating and meeting the needs of the team while they are in the house.
- You’re a fixer. If there’s a problem...yo...I’ll solve it.
- You understand that running a household comes with its interruptions and challenges, but you just roll up your sleeves and deal with whatever comes your way. Files and folders and spreadsheets...Oh my! You may be a document junkie. You love to create work plans for your projects and recording your work into a spreadsheet just makes it easier for you next time you have to tackle it. Doesn’t everyone know this?
- You have the eyes of a hawk. Even with the mounds of paperwork that comes through your desk, no detail gets past you.
- You’re a planner. You love to put on events; whether it is organizing a meeting of the minds, (ensuring they have the equipment, supplies, and brain food), planning team parties or coordinating hotels rooms and meals for visiting guests from the big city.
- You’re slightly OCD. You believe everything has its place and you know exactly where that place is. You wonder why everyone doesn’t get as excited as you over an extremely organized in-box.
- You’re a big fan of life-long learning and meet every challenge as an opportunity to learn something new.
- You are the rare person that loves “other duties as required.”
You’re armed with:
- At least a year under your belt in an administrative role
- Tonnes of tips and tricks to staying organized
- An intimate knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Crazy good writing, proofing and editing skills
- A sharp eye for detail
- An uncanny ability to perform multiple tasks at once
- A can do attitude
It would be extra awesome if you:
- Have a diploma in administration or communications
- Have experience with Simply Accounting
Your life at Work:
- You’re happy to work in an open office environment
- You’re good to work 30-40 hours per week
- You’re able to help out after hours for special meetings or events
- You’re ok with some light physical work (mostly bending, reaching, carrying light items, walking and standing)
- You like to get out of the office at least once a day to do some running around
This position is based in Jasper, AB Canada.
Closing Date: Friday, August 14th
Please forward cover letter and resume to: Meghan@JasperCanadianRockies.com
Attention: Meghan Gifford, Office Administrator – Tourism Jasper
Tourism Jasper would like to thank all applicants who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.