- Sep 27, 2016
- Sep 20, 2016
- Tourism Calgary
Tourism Calgary is Calgary’s Destination Marketing Organization. Representing the visitor industry in Calgary, the City of Calgary, more than 600 member companies and its key partner - The Calgary Hotel Association and DMF Hotels, Tourism Calgary takes Calgary to the world and with its partners brings the world to Calgary for meetings and conventions, leisure travel, and sport, culture and major events. Tourism in Calgary annually contributes over $1.4 billion in economic impact to local economy.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Finance is responsible for the financial operations and financial reporting of Tourism Calgary.
- Develop, implement and maintain appropriate systems and controls to ensure that all financial practices and actions are conducted in full compliance with laws, regulations and policies of the organization and that regulatory and related external reporting requirements are met.
- Lead and manage the ongoing review of the organization’s financial performance with a focus on organization performance management and measurement systems, processes and criteria that enable tracking and reporting against strategic initiatives.
- Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the CEO and/or Audit & Finance Committee.
- Responsible for many of the treasury functions including the management of cash flows, risk management and banking relationships.
- Ensures the information and strategy considerations for appropriate financing are also in place and incorporated in proposed strategies, further providing to the Board and CEO, recommendations and action plans capable of achieving success.
- External treasury activities, except those for management of cash flows, risk management and banking relationships, are as directed by the CEO or the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board.
- Responsible for and the management of the organization’s funds.
- Accountable for ensuring regulatory compliance of fiscal practices across the organization including purchasing, accounting, contract administration and management, and surplus management.
- Work effectively with various external parties such as auditors, bankers, lawyers, on a wide range of finance issues.
- Work closely with the CEO and the Executive Team to provide key management information and to recommend changes to improve the organization’s overall financial health and its financial operations.
- Be a significant contributor in supporting initiatives that would improve organization processes that would improve organization effectiveness, (increasing impact, reducing cost, reallocation of work).
- Provide key information that will be used to keep the Board informed on financial performance and any financial impacts on business operations, business issues and any major financial risks facing Tourism Calgary.
- University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Administration or equivalent combination of experiences and relevant education or designations
- CA or CPA designation is an asset.
- Five years or management or supervisory experience.
- OR, a combination of experience and tourism/financial designtation such as CDME (Certified Destination Management Executive)
- Experience with current financial software systems.
Reply in confidence with a cover letter and resume to: Closing September 27, 2016
Director, Human Resources
Please note: only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please provide three references.