Office Manager – 1 Year Maternity Leave Contract
- Mar 10, 2017
- Feb 21, 2017
- Banff & Lake Louise Tourism
Take our message to the mountaintop
Inspire the world to experience Banff & Lake Louise
Let your passion, creativity and love of the mountain lifestyle come alive with Banff & Lake Louise Tourism. In this role, you will be responsible for the support of the board of directors, member administration, operations and maintenance of the office and support for the President & CEO. We’re welcoming the world to our doorstep and we need you to help spread the word!
The ideal applicant will have:
- 2-3 years’ experience in an administrative or coordinator role;
- Ability to write and communicate effectively;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Project management skills, demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities;
- Superior organizational and time management skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Proficient in MS office, especially Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Previous budget management experience is considered an asset;
- Strong customer service focus with the proven ability to maintain and manage positive relationships;
- Ability to use discretion when handling confidential information and keep information secured;
- Superior communication skills across audiences and formats (written and verbal), with the ability to effectively present ideas and information to membership and team;
- Ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and time lines while delivering results;
- Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to demonstrate leadership and cross-team collaboration skills.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Scheduling appointments and managing the President & CEO’s calendar;
- Booking travel for CEO and guests as directed by the CEO;
- Processing invoices, expenses and PO’s on behalf of CEO;
- Coordinating meeting logistics, on and off-site;
- Overseeing the collection of relevant industry information, statistics, research and intelligence and the communication of the appropriate information to the Board of Directors and key stakeholders in a timely manner to produce a “dashboard” of statistics;
- Keeping the Crisis Communication and Business Continuity Plan current.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe, clean and inviting office space including ensuring that desks and supplies are up to date;
- Collaborating with IT Manager to ensure that all telephone, computer systems and office equipment are operating efficiently in order to provide the optimal operational tools for the team;
- Liaising with building manager and oversee general office maintenance;
- Ordering office supplies and business cards;
- Managing industry rates and the Air Canada discount program;
- Assisting with office events and schedules including huddle, kitchen schedule.
- Project managing, preparing and distributing board materials in advance of board meetings to help ensure board members are prepared to engage in the meetings;
- Responsible for maintaining a record of the board meetings via minutes in the Corporate Minute Book to meet the requirements of a society and not-for-profit organization with oversight from Director, Finance & Administration;
- Booking committee meetings and help the chair and/or President & CEO prepare for the meeting including agenda and materials;
- Owning the election and by-election process: prepare nomination forms, election packages and ballots and liaise with the auditors for the election results;
- Preparing orientation packages for the new directors;
- Working with the President & CEO and Director, Finance & Administration to ensure that the BLLT bylaws are followed accordingly;
- Assisting the President and CEO with correspondence, reports and meetings as related to the board and members.
To apply, please send your résumé to; firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday March 10. While we appreciate all applications, please be aware that only qualified candidates and those who are eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.