Front Office Supervisor
- May 14, 2015
- May 7, 2015
- Super8 High Level
Holloway Lodging Corporation, an equal opportunity employer, is one of Canada’s largest lodging companies and our goal is to be one of North America's top-performing lodging companies. Holloway’s portfolio includes 36 hotels with 4260 rooms focused on select and limited service lodging properties, as well as a full service hotels. Holloway hotels operate under internationally recognized brands such as Travelodge®, Super 8®, Holiday Inn®, Hilton®, Best Western® and Ramada®. Holloway also owns and operates the Travelodge Canada franchise business which is currently comprised of over 90 hotels across eight Provinces.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Front office supervisor is responsible for all front desk operations at our Super 8 Hotel located in High Level, AB
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- To take responsibility for the department in the absence of the Department Manager achieving standards of operation and guest care as required by company policy.
- To carry out any reasonable request.
- To be competent in the scheduling of staff and forecasting of revenue and expenses and achieve effective cost controls as required by company policy.
- To assist in hiring, orientation, training, appraisal and discipline of staff following procedures laid down by company policy.
- To assist in maintaining hygiene, health and safety in the department together with proper action in the event of emergency, as required by law and by company policy.
- To demonstrate commitment to guest care and achieve professional handling of complaints following procedures laid down by company policy.
- To ensure full completion of all duties relating to the shift in accordance with department and company policy.
- To achieve effective communication by briefing/debriefing staff, assisting at department meetings and maintaining positive communication with other departments.
- To generate team commitment to achievement of the company, property and department Mission Statements.
- To contribute ideas to assist in welfare and motivation of department staff.
- To prioritize and assign duties, or where applicable, carry out the duties of a staff member or provide assistance as necessary to achieve required standards, productivity and guest care.
- To carry out month end/year end duties as assigned, achieving standards required by company policy.
- Should be available to work any shift according to the business needs.
- To ensure adherence to the Crisis CPlan as required by company policy.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Front office experience in Hospitality Industry is a great asset.College/university diploma from a recognized hospitality program an asset· Strong communication skills, including the ability to present insight and actionable recommendations in a concise and confident manner· Strong organizational and follow up skills· Strong leadership skills· Proficient in Microsoft OfficeFor more information on Holloway please visit our website at www.hlcorp.ca
Please apply directly to your Hotel General Manager on or before May 14, 2015Thank you for your interest in Holloway Lodging. Only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.