Client Services/Research Coordinator
- Sep 2, 2015
- Aug 24, 2015
- Calgary TELUS Convention Centre
Reporting to the Client Services Manager, Meetings and Convention Calgary Division, the Client Services/Research Coordinator works in conjunction with the business development team to attract incremental meetings, conventions, and incentive travel (MC&IT) business to Calgary.
The principal role of the position is to provide support and industry liaison between MC&IT clients and Calgary’s MC&IT community along with generating leads and contacts for the business development team and to manage the research and reporting requirements associated with the client database.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactively promotes the products, services, and support available in Calgary (and area) to new and repeat clients
- Analyzes and services the needs of clients from
the point of initial contact until the event takes place
- Includes, but is not limited to: assistance in securing client event venues and accommodation requirements, site visits, bid assistance, marketing support, and securing event funding
- Conducts research to identify and qualify potential business prospects in all markets
- Supports the business development team’s efforts through research, local host recommendation, strategic positioning, and bid book development
- Liaises with Calgary’s industry suppliers to ensure client requests/requirements are addressed
- Responsible for the management of the client database which includes: ongoing augmentation, updating, tracking, and reporting requirements associated with the database
- Gathers and analyses market intelligence, e.g., trends, competition, etc.
- Completes reports pertaining to lead generation and conversion and associated economic impact
- Ensures contact information is listed and up to date with industry organizations/websites
- Contributes to the development of strategic and tactical plans
- Assists in identifying the research needs of the organization
- Assists in the development of client services and research management policies and processes to heighten efficiencies
- Marketing and administration duties as assigned
Experience and Assets
- Degree or diploma in an appropriate discipline with 2-3 years of industry related experience providing research, database management and client services; other equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered
- An understanding of the needs/expectations of clients, as well as a strong knowledge of the product/services and support available in Calgary and immediate area
- Ability to work both independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and work within a fast paced, detailed and deadline driven environment
- Team player who is customer service focused and who possesses strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to determine and utilize a variety of research tools to perform tasks
- This work is investigative in nature and requires someone who enjoys the thrill of the hunt for information and background data that may take a lot of tenacity and creativity to uncover
- Versed in research and statistical analysis with an emphasis on their practical application
- Strong communication, problem solving, project management skills along with excellent interpersonal, planning and research skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite of Applications, Adobe programs, internet browsers and a CRM system
The Convention Centre offers a comprehensive salary and benefits program which includes life and dependent life insurance, short and long term disability, health and dental benefits, travel medical emergency insurance, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, pension plan, flex and bonus hours, 3 weeks’ vacation, wellness programs, educational opportunities, and access to a fitness centre.
Applicants interested in applying for this position can submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank you for your interest. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.