Supervisor, Visitor Hospitality - TELUS Spark
- Feb 28, 2014
- Jan 27, 2014
- TELUS Spark
Full-time salaried position (including weekends, holidays, and occasional evenings)
Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Until suitable candidate hired
Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to be part of something new and innovative?
TELUS Spark is a registered not-for-profit organization founded in 1967. Opening doors for over 400,000 visitors annually, TELUS Spark has taken the leading role in providing interactive learning experiences in science for families from Calgary and Southern Alberta for over 40 years. TELUS Spark has recently completed an exciting and innovative project to build the first new purpose-built science centre in Canada in over 25 years – filling it with ground-breaking exhibits and programs that will engage people of all ages in a unique mix of science, technology and art experiences.
The new TELUS Spark opened on October 29, 2011, and we are looking for people who share our passion for science, technology and art and who dream of making a difference in the lives of people of all ages. If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you. TELUS Spark has over 120 full-time and part-time staff and over 130 dynamic volunteers that drive our organization’s vision and mission, making TELUS Spark a great place to work and volunteer.
The Supervisor, Visitor Hospitality at TELUS Spark oversees the entire visitor experience, including weekends, holidays, and Adults Only Nights throughout the year. In addition, this position will include the day-to-day operation of Front of House, coordinating reporting and scheduling with the FOH Manager. This is a crucial role in the operation of TELUS Spark, and requires an experienced leader with outstanding public relations skills.
- Oversee the visitor experience, including weekends, holidays, and Adults Only Nights throughout the year, and able to provide clear communication and reporting of weekend activity.
- Supervise, train, lead and coach Guest Service Representatives.
- Hire and retain staff (in partnership with Front of House Manager).
- Be a role model and provide mentorship to Guest Service Representatives.
- Address guest and staff problems, concerns and issues that occur.
- Ensuring Front of House (FOH) is in efficient operation.
- Mentoring and supervision of volunteers working in Front of House.
- Ensure a safe and positive guest experience.
- Handle cash deposits and floats.
- Administration of Siriusware and Gateway P.O.S. programs.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
- Experience in the Guest Service industry preferred.
- Post-secondary education in related field.
- Experience providing customer service excellence with a proven ability to anticipate customer needs and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated organizational and record-keeping abilities.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Budget and cash management experience.
- Leadership and team building skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Siriusware and Gateway data entry skills considered assets.
- Visitor service experience in a museum, attractions or hospitality environment preferred.
- Criminal Records Check will be required.
- Weekends, holidays, and occasional evening work will be required.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “SUPERVISOR, VISITOR HOSPITALITY" in the email subject line. No telephone calls will be accepted.