Manager, Consumer Marketing North America
- Jan 3, 2016
- Dec 15, 2015
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully spirited adventurers leading in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
The Manager, Consumer Marketing North America manages agency relations, industry stakeholder partnerships and overall marketing initiatives for the core market of North America. This individual provides day-to-day oversight and strategic direction to the North America consumer team members and leads in communication and cross unit integration and alignment between Travel Alberta business units. The Manager Consumer Marketing, North America provides an ongoing leadership connection to the tourism industry in developing a consistent approach to build and enhance Travel Alberta’s presence in the North America market to deliver on strategic business objectives and scorecard metrics.
Reporting to the Director, Consumer Marketing North America, the Manager, Consumer Marketing North America is responsible for the following:
- Lead, develop and execute a year round comprehensive multi-channel consumer marketing program for the North American market.
- Align all North American marketing activities with appropriate brand positioning and market segmentation.
- Manage and provide project direction to agencies and suppliers on the development of year round marketing campaigns.
- Work collaboratively with internal and agency teams to develop and optimize paid media strategies that target high potential traveller segments.
- Enhance the customer journey across paid, earned, and owned marketing channels.
- Collaborate with Alberta tourism partners to create synergies, enhance opportunities and establish effective business relationships.
- Manage budget development and forecasting, making recommendations regarding fund allocations for consumer marketing activities.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven leadership experience, ability to coach, negotiate and work collaboratively with Team Members and industry stakeholders.
- Knowledge of paid digital marketing platforms. Google analytics, media tagging, programmatic buying, social media platforms, SEM and SEO.
- Understanding of customer journey across social media, paid digital and website strategy.
- A holistic approach to digital marketing with a strong focus on the user experience.
- Familiarity with behavioural targeting, retargeting and programmatic media buying and media tagging best practices.
- Current knowledge of the latest digital marketing trends, platforms, behaviours and tools to develop innovative methods and marketing ideas.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to create and manage detailed project plans and multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to apply them in both financial and marketing contexts.
- Strong budgetary skills, ability to manage project costs, revenue and variances in accordance with approved budgets.
You possess a degree in marketing, with a minimum of five years of progressive digital media, content and social media marketing experience coupled with at least four years of experience managing agency and internal teams. Your dedication and passion has taken your career to this point, and now it’s time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment.
- This position is based in Calgary, Alberta
- Some domestic travel may be required
- Employment Status: Full Time
Please note: Team oversight requires availability during the week’s regular business hours. The Manager, Consumer Marketing North America should also be available evenings and weekends for occasional meetings or travel.
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (Employee Assistance Provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s Learning and Development program which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: January 3, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter and resume with the title in the subject line of your email to: email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.