Executive Assistant to VP Business Development, VP Global Consumer Marketing and VP Industry Development
- Aug 31, 2016
- Aug 18, 2016
- Travel Alberta
Travel Alberta is the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta. A team of youthfully-spirited adventurers lead in marketing Alberta’s authentic experiences in breathtaking landscapes around the world. Our mission: to create economic value and prosperity with compelling invitations to explore Alberta.
Travel Alberta strives to empower individual passion and build inspirational leadership as ONE TEAM. If you want to be part of an award-winning organization with strong corporate values, passionate team members and a great culture, then Travel Alberta is the destination for you.
Reporting primarily to the Vice President, Business Development, Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing, and Vice President, Industry Development, the Executive Assistant is responsible for:
- Providing support and assistance to the Vice President, Business Development, Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing, and Vice President, Industry Development in managing day-to-day operations
- Ensuring senior leaders are prepared and organized for meetings by providing meeting materials, background information and weekly schedules
- Filtering information and first point of contact to facilitate communication and ensure comprehensive administrative support
- Managing all logistics and schedules for Vice President, Business Development, Vice President, Global Consumer Marketing, and Vice President, Industry Development effectively
- Flexibility to changing needs of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
- Coordinating off-site meetings and travel logistics
- Preparing meeting agendas and materials for meetings
- Documenting full meeting minutes and actions, and distributing to members
- Assisting in presentation development for external customers including various partners and stakeholders
- Communicating and collaborating with SLT to organize and support the initiatives and communications of the business units
- Positive demeanor and composure
- Previous experience working with and supporting executives and board members
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- High proficiency using standard office equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopier)
- Adaptable to new technologies; can easily acquire new technical skills
- Professional correspondence free of errors
- High level of professionalism
- General understanding of rules and regulations set in bylaws regarding board and board committee matters
- Confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information
- Proactively address upcoming needs, opportunities and challenges
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to produce accurate and comprehensive materials
- Strong organization skills and ability to organize priorities and heavy workloads
- Maintains a clean and organized work space
- Strong time management skills
- Experience with invoicing and reconciling monthly expenses
- Experience working in medium to large size organizations
Your diploma in business administration or related field and at least seven to ten years of executive assistant experience supporting multiple senior leaders has prepared you for this opportunity. You thrive working in a fast-paced environment with high volume workloads. Your dedication and passion has taken you to this point. Now, it is time to advance to a new level by stepping into Travel Alberta’s exciting working environment!
Some travel may be required. Some overtime may be required.
This position is based in the Calgary office.
Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week
Employment Status: Full time, Permanent
This position offers an excellent benefits package with SunLife Financial, including extended health and dental coverage, life insurance, travel insurance, long term disability and a flexible spending account. This individual will also participate in a defined benefit plan with the Management Employee Pension Plan (MEPP), have free and confidential access to Shepell-fgi (employee assistance provider) and be a part of Travel Alberta’s learning and development program, which includes up to 100% reimbursement to further education.
In 2014, Travel Alberta was recognized for providing an exceptional place to work by being awarded Top 65 Employers in Alberta, Best Small and Medium Employers in Canada and one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Closing Date: August 31, 2016
If you have the qualifications to succeed in this role, submit a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations, with the title in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. If applicable, please indicate the name of the Travel Alberta Team Member who referred you to this role.
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and advise that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Any personal information submitted will be managed with the strictest of confidentiality.